By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amiibo Amigos Boardgame on Wii U - Idea

I love this idea. The mexican angle can go tho. Just call it Mario Party or Nintendo Land. Would need to have good intregration with the console tho, otherwise I could just buy the board game and skip the console. Btw, I just totally realized that theres going to be Splatoon Amiibo and it made me really happy.

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

It's just that it could be streamlined to be more successful.

For example: just call it Amiigos, and just make the mario characters in mexican theme clothes. It could be like a spaghetti western boardgame about bank robbers with wario and waluigi. No need to introduce new characters when they have such a huge roster already.

True. I feel that the main idea is strong at the least and it would also be very easy to simply sell additional boards too, where you already have the amiibos and could just lay out a new board around the gamepad. A nice quality board. The new board could come with a disc or maybe the corresponding data could be DLC. Boards could sell for a nice fee and bring a whole new board game experience with each one.

Recycle001 said:

I love this idea. The mexican angle can go tho. Just call it Mario Party or Nintendo Land. Would need to have good intregration with the console tho, otherwise I could just buy the board game and skip the console. Btw, I just totally realized that theres going to be Splatoon Amiibo and it made me really happy.

There's going to be Splatoon Amiibo?!

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Curmudgeon said:
Recycle001 said:

There's going to be Splatoon Amiibo?!

Hey, maybe they can have a splatoon board to add to my boardgame idea :)

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
Skullwaker said:
It's a great idea. But I feel like in order to be insanely successful like it needs to be, it needs really good marketing. And we all know how Nintendo has a problem with that. However, I don't think the Mexican thing is necessary tbh.

But Nintendo does have many massive successes. This could be one of them.

Oh, I don't doubt that. It's just that most of their massive successes are a result of either brilliant marketing or great word of mouth. Or both. If they really want this to be a hit, they have to try when it comes to advertising.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
Skullwaker said:
It's a great idea. But I feel like in order to be insanely successful like it needs to be, it needs really good marketing. And we all know how Nintendo has a problem with that. However, I don't think the Mexican thing is necessary tbh.

Seeking feedback on this, why is the Mexican thing unnecessary? Would it be offensive or it's just a bad idea? I like the Amiibo Amigo title is all.

I don't think it's racist. I think the amigo title would just be great without the addition of extra characters that could confuse more casual consumers.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

PwerlvlAmy said:

Ah nice touch with the chili peppers.

@OP
Does it have to be with wiiU?
I was personally thinking of a standalone board game. I used to have a game that used figures and was electronic and stuff and that was inh the 90's. I'm sure they could get amiibos to work with a standalone board game.

Would probably sell a lot better than as a wiiU peripheral tbh. Feels a little too much like playstation's weird book thing.

Yes! There is so much Nintendo can do with their characters. They could make cartoons, movies, mobile games, toys, action figures, theme parks etc., exactly like Disney. The money they'd make from that would be so much more than what they make now.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Yes! There is so much Nintendo can do with their characters. They could make cartoons, movies, mobile games, toys, action figures, theme parks etc., exactly like Disney. The money they'd make from that would be so much more than what they make now.

I agree so much on this.

@OP

DUDE! Don't just drop the mexican idea! That's like half of the draw! I think Amiigos is a great idea, otherwise it feels a little bland. This gives it some nice style. Just drop the mexican brothers haha. Keep the theme.

You should send this to nintendo, seriously.