By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo/Valve fans and shooters

Do you agree?

Yes 5 23.81%

No 10 47.62%

What's a Valve 6 28.57%

Total:21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WbWQlgNWTc

So I was browsing my Youtube what to watch page and this was here, a video about how Nintendo and Valve fans dislike FPS games if it isn't from said company.  So do you agree with this video or do you think that he is incorrect on his judgements.

Also: I didn't put the title of the video in the OP since I didn't want to start a flame war, I just felt that he was making an initial judgment on a fanbase that he is obviously not associated with.

Around the Network

But I am both a Nintendo fan and a Valve fan and I like the shooters made by both companies?

How is that different from a Halo fan who doesn't really like COD or Battlefield, or a fan of either of those who doesn't like the other two?

For what it's worth, I played some Halo and while the campaign was fun I didn't like it as much as Half-Life 2, and the multiplayer didn't click with me the way TF2 did.

That was painful to watch all the way through, just rambling for 15 minutes.

that guy has a silly opinion. "Nintendo fans" are individual human beings.

RolStoppable said:

In all my years here I haven't seen a single person who fits that description.

Yeah, this is the first time I have ever seen this claim.  Not sure what it's based on, other than the usual sweeping generalization that happens on the internet.

Around the Network

I play a lot of Counter Strike Source and I also enjoy playing Day of Defeat and Team Fortress 2 from time to time. Never really got into Half Life though. I do enjoy playing other FPS games such as Battlefield and I did enjoy playing the earlier CoD games. As far as PC gaming goes though, Valve games are mostly what I play when it comes to FPS.

How are Valve fans going to dislike shooters? What kind of games are Half-Life, Counter Strike, Team Fortress, L4D...? Even some people would call Portal a shooter!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.