By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the Xbox One a failure?

Is XB1 a failure?

Yes! 615 40.51%

No! 711 46.84%

Gimme dem numbers! 68 4.48%

I pity Wii U :( 121 7.97%

Total:1,515
Puppyroach said:
So far its a huge success for MS, but I maintain that this generation will drop off much faster than 7th Gen so total sales will be lower.

I agree with this; the home console market is accelerating, not even Sony or MS themselves have spoken out about "ten year plan" or anything similar this time around. The entry into the HD era was always going to draw out; now is when the snow settles.

Around the Network

I don't think it's a failure. But it's also too early to judge. (Remember, the Dreamcast had over a year of good sales before Sega bailed out).

Sales are certainly behind what Microsoft would like, hence all the amazing deals they're offering. But let's not forget that Sony has done virtually nothing yet. What will happen when they do?

Again, I don't think it's a failure. It's just selling less than Microsoft would've hoped for.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

So far it's doing better than X360 and PS3, so not at all. What's important now, is that they keep the momentum.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

I think its anything but a failure. Its selling very well all things considering

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I think it is absolutely a success. Too many want to see if as a failure based on its' performance vs. the PS4 but I just do not look at it that way. It is doing very well.

Around the Network

Xbox360 had many advantage over ps3 that xbox1 don't have against ps4 that's why you can't consider it as a failure compared to ps4.
Xbox360 is not a failure because it's still ahead xbox360 too

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

last gen was a weird gen,.. you can't compare this gen to last gen without acknowledging that ps360 peaked in their 5th-6th year on the market instead of the normal 2nd-3rd year.

xbox had a great launch that put it way ahead of the 360 but then lost ground for the course of the entire year before pulling back out ahead on the heals of the firesale. if you want to just take a snapshot of today's numbers things look fine.

...but in the context of 360 sales that seemed to defy gravity breaking the sales norm you have to wonder,.. will this gen's xbox will follow last gen's sales cycle or the sales cycle of any other gen? the answer to that is too soon to tell and massively important to deciding if xbox will be deemed successful or a failure.

It's losing massive marketshare  versus PlayStation relative to the 360's gains, so MS certainly think it is. Consoles are selling faster and earlier because of today's early adopter culture, but MS are losing brutally where it counts: Percentage of the market.

kitler53 said:
last gen was a weird gen,.. you can't compare this gen to last gen without acknowledging that ps360 peaked in their 5th-6th year on the market instead of the normal 2nd-3rd year.

xbox had a great launch that put it way ahead of the 360 but then lost ground for the course of the entire year before pulling back out ahead on the heals of the firesale. if you want to just take a snapshot of today's numbers things look fine.

...but in the context of 360 sales that seemed to defy gravity breaking the sales norm you have to wonder,.. will this gen's xbox will follow last gen's sales cycle or the sales cycle of any other gen? the answer to that is too soon to tell and massively important to deciding if xbox will be deemed successful or a failure.

I'm sure it's not xb1 and ps4 peak year too both was affected by cross-gen games

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

obox is sells on the usa and uk but whats gona happen wen the xbox fans get it where the xbox gana seel next