By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Famitsu LTD Top 10 for Xbox 360 (Japan): Comparisons

I was wondering when we'd get updated Famitsu LTD numbers. One number is quite off (which I knew was/should be the case):

LTD Totals as of February 16th, 2008:

Title VGChartz Famitsu  
 Blue Dragon 209,984 203,740(Famitsu doesn't include Best Price/Platinum Sales) 
 Dead or Alive 4 103,150 108,618 (")
 Lost Odyssey 96,062 104,417 
 Ace Combat 6 97,384 94,057 
 Halo 3 99,950 83,696 (Famitsu doesn't include CE/Legendary, I believe)
 Ridge Racer 6 72,830 73,501  
 TES: Oblivion 76,594 72,274 
 Trusty Bell 79,382 70,435 (Was there a BP edition?)
 Gears of War 66,769 68,270 (Doesn't include Best Price/Platinum Sales, Famitsu)
 Dead Rising 80,092 68,078 (")

I thought it was neat. It seems that Lost Odyssey is indeed, well undertracked considering how new it is (almost 10%). DOA4, RR6, and GOW also seem undertracked, as Famitsu isn't counding Best Price and Platinum SKUs. The only one that it seems VGC really overtracked was Ace Combat 6 (by 3%), and Oblivion (by 5%). Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata seems a tossup, as there might of been a Best Price edition - however, Trusty Bell was still overtracked by 4% before a possible Best Price edition came on Nov 1st (when AC6 came out w/ the price drop, and a slew of new BP games).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Very accurate numbers ....only a couple thousand units apart from Famitsu in most cases .

Its mad that only 3 games have managed more than 100K in the whole life of the console ...

lol

Lost Odyssey isn't undertracked.

Not a big deal, IMO.

Undertracked would be:

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

the only thin i can see there is how accurate VGChartz is, everything else is within error margins like Iori said

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

Around the Network
Tavin said:
the only thin i can see there is how accurate VGChartz is, everything else is within error margins like Iori said

Wow, that was pretty cool.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

The Idol Master (Platinum Collection) : 16.378 + 48.695 = +-65k
Dead Rising (Platinum Collection) : 20.325 + 68K = +-88k
Gears of War (Platinum Collection): 6.211 + 68k = +-74k

[

Super!
Very accurate, my compliments.

360 needs a new Blue Dragon, maybe Tales of Vesperia can become 360's best sold game.

Wow, more accurate than I thought.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Good tracking, but the HSG5 #'s are very different b/n VGC and Famitsu.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.