By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if Nintendo do the 3ds method for wii u?

In this I mean make limited editions for every major game they have coming to wii u.

I mean to save money they can just bundle games as digital codes

plus that would keep wii u in the ok sales category

could that work?

Would making limited edition wii us for every major release help in the long term?

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

Well, if they bundle games with it, then sure but if they just make it blah game themed with no games included, then not so much imo

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

In terms of software or hardware? I don't think they could move a lot of WiiUs with this method.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well, if they bundle games with it, then sure but if they just make it blah game themed with no games included, then not so much imo

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Maybe... (Hey it got me to buy my Wii U even though with no games that interest me at the time).

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Yea both would work pretty well

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Darwinianevolution said:
In terms of software or hardware? I don't think they could move a lot of WiiUs with this method.

not even with an advertising campaign

xenoblade chronicle x bundle- raises sales in japan and everywhere else due to jrpg fans jumping on for the xno x and fire emblem x sm duo

mario party 10 bundle- raises sales in japan and europe(france preorders this more than zelda)

zelda- raises sales everywhere

splatoon- US and EU(I could see this with possible potnetial but unlikely)

mario maker- everywhere possible to make huge baseline increase?

yosho- japan

devils third-nah

star fox- nah

kirby- nah

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

cycycychris said:
I have no idea why Nintendo isn't doing limited editions. That's what you can get people to do impulse buys. Make some special themed console for your new game and release it with the game.

its like nintendo doesnt like money

(which expains why there isnt any main pokemon game on wii u)

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

They need to do limited edition consoles again. What happened to this? It would bring in a lot more sales and it's pretty easy to do.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I think it could help but production costs are higher for Wii Us than for 3DSs. The 3DS also has a very large install base, which allows software profits from the existing users to absorb any possible production cost spikes due to such limited editions.

However, I do think this would be smart, especially for The Legend of Zelda and the inevitable Metroid titles, both titles that have potential to be the tipping point for a lot of people (Metroid has never reached its market potential imo, largely due to lack of promotions like this). Xenoblade Chronicles X could be a good idea, but not sure. But honestly, just bundling these games at or shortly after release would be a good idea. Having Xenoblade, Zelda, Star Fox, and/or Splatoon bundles on the shelves come holiday would help a lot.