By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Has hardware sales ever maintained momentum after new years?

OfficerRaichu15 said:

Of course gta V was gonna give a boost

its friken gta(the biggest muliplat series ever)

if it didnt that would be unusual

and why would it get a boost in march

final fantasy is gonna do shit for the xbox one

and give ps4 a huge boost in japan and everywhere else

witcher isnt out until may so you have nearly a 2 month dead period for xbox one

and if they dont make a bundle for these games

a 6 month at least dead period for it

not wii u will probably be down yoy but xbox one will struggle to do ok numbers due to no hardware sellers(unless they do a bundle)

GTA is just one of many 3rd party titles that pushed X1 hardware please don't act aloof, most big franchises come from third parties which is kinda my whole point. As of now the xbox has no notable dead periods, you may only care about console exclusives but time and time again this has proven not to be the case by the general public and for the first time since launch we have an abunance of next gen exclusives, so people interested in gaming are forced to pick up a new console to play most major releases.

Feb= Dying Light(next gen exclusive)/Evolve (next gen exclusive)/whats left of the Holiday momentum (COD/GTAV/Halo MMC/Dragon Age etc)
March=Battlefield (obviously very big), Final Fantasy type 0 (not so big for MS but worth a mention), Project Cars (next gen exclusive)
April= Mortal Combat X
May= Witcher3 (next gen exclusive),  
June=Batman
TBA: Metal Gear Solid V + Fable Legends + Just Cause 3 (next gen excluisve) +Dead Island 2 (next gen exclusive), Tekken 7 (next gen exclusive)

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
teigaga said:
binary solo said:

What I was going to say. I expect PS4 to be down in the low 200's in the first true post holiday week (I wish they'd hurry up already) and then into the 100's from then on. Pretty much similar to the baseline in January last year.

I would like to see Wii U holding much closer to Xb one this year. But I just don't see it happening.

It won't, the gulf between the software is night and day. 

Wii U not recieving anything of note till may. In the same period xbox will have Dying light, Evolve, battlefield, Final Fantasy Type 0, Witcher 3 and knowing microsoft a bundle for each lol

mario party?

that bolbed part of final fantasy raising xbox one sales I laughed at

plus only 2 games out all of those are excluisve marketed by microsoft

witcher and evolve

everything else is sony's marketing

Yes, but they are still games coming to Xb one on a regular release schedule, meanwhile Wii U has just that one game(?) It's the good thing about having good third party support, it fills the gap between first party releases. And each of those games has their fanbase which means the platforms that have those games gets a share of that fanbase to buy their console. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
teigaga said:
binary solo said:

What I was going to say. I expect PS4 to be down in the low 200's in the first true post holiday week (I wish they'd hurry up already) and then into the 100's from then on. Pretty much similar to the baseline in January last year.

I would like to see Wii U holding much closer to Xb one this year. But I just don't see it happening.

It won't, the gulf between the software is night and day. 

Wii U not recieving anything of note till may. In the same period xbox will have Dying light, Evolve, battlefield, Final Fantasy Type 0, Witcher 3 and knowing microsoft a bundle for each lol

mario party?

witcher and evolve

Yes, but they are still games coming to Xb one on a regular release schedule, meanwhile Wii U has just that one game(?) It's the good thing about having good third party support, it fills the gap between first party releases. And each of those games has their fanbase which means the platforms that have those games gets a share of that fanbase to buy their console. 

yeah I know 1 game wont do much

but  final fantasy is going to bomb hard on the xbox one sadly

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
binary solo said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

mario party?

witcher and evolve

yeah I know 1 game wont do much

but  final fantasy is going to bomb hard on the xbox one sadly

You're probably right about that.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix