By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - "Unfriended" takes horror film genre to new territory: social media

Looks absolutely terrible. Will be this year's Ouija.

Around the Network

It's looking mighty fine so far!

looks so so bad. I'm betting 100k in marketing and filming expenses. Will probably set records in margin returns.
I can't roll my eyes any harder

Boutros said:

It's looking mighty fine so far!

Nice bump! I was looking for it. I'm going to see it tomorrow night so I wanted to bookmark the page for my review and any other user's thoughts.

I'm not expecting it to be super scary, in fact I think I'll be laughing more than screaming, but the premise is just too good to pass up. 

theprof00 said:
watched the video and, wow I'm surprised. It actually looks like it's going to be a really good movie! The part with the guy and his hand in the blender? I think people will be talking about that for years to come.

theprof00 said:
looks so so bad. I'm betting 100k in marketing and filming expenses. Will probably set records in margin returns.
I can't roll my eyes any harder

What changed your mind? Or was the first post sarcasm?

Around the Network

I feel like there are much better ways to use social media in a horror movie but this one misses the boat big time.

Just saw the movie. I will update this tomorrow with a more thorough review but it basically lined up with my impressions in that the concept is great but it isn't scary. If you accept that you probably won't be scared, the movie itself is pretty fun to watch.