By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why isn't Persona 5 on the Vita?

Tagged games:

Persona 5 is one of the most hyped games of the year, part of the popular Persona series, and it's fair to say it will move a decent amount of consoles.Because the Persona series isn't that big (in terms of sales numbers, compared with a lot of other JRPG or RPG in general), it's going to be released on PS4 and PS3 to reach as many audiences as it can. So why isn't it on the Vita too? It can run on the PS3, and the Vita has proven that it can run ports from PS3. Making the game avalible for that console would help it sales, specially because:

1. Persona 4 Golden is one of the most popular games on the Vita, the new installment could sell well on the system as well.

2. Persona 5 looks like it's going to be exclusive to Playstation platforms, so why not port it to the handheld?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Just be happy it's coming to the PS4...

I would be delighted if it came to the PS Vita, but I've just learned to accept that the Vita is basically dead

Typically the handheld versions have only been ports and in 4's case a remaster?

Would definitely make sense and I think a PSVita version would outsell a PS3 one. Maybe they're ambitions don't allow it graphically and content wise fit on the Vita's hardware or 4GB cartridges.

PS4/PSVita would have been ideal, I believe its easier to port between the two then it is to do PS3>PS4, PS3>Vita.

Because PS4 is better, really it is. I have both and prefer it to be on PS4.

It will get there eventually, probably in a superior form. If/when it does, I'll buy that, too. There is little or no reason not to create a Vita version down the line, especially considering P4G.

They just have to think of what to call it. Golden again? Burst? Xtreme? So many choices.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
It will get there eventually, probably in a superior form. If/when it does, I'll buy that, too. There is little or no reason not to create a Vita version down the line, especially considering P4G.

They just have to think of what to call it. Golden again? Burst? Xtreme? So many choices.

They could call it Platinum, and make a Persona 3 remaster, call it P3 the Silver and sell the trilogy together in one big pack.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I'd prefer it on vita over ps4. so sad :(

Darwinianevolution said:
pokoko said:

They could call it Platinum, and make a Persona 3 remaster, call it P3 the Silver and sell the trilogy together in one big pack.

No way.  Platinum games don't sell.

pokoko said:
Darwinianevolution said:
pokoko said:

No way.  Platinum games don't sell.

Haha, made me smile :D

p5 is just too big of a game.
p4 is a ps2 game.