By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is there no chance of N64/GC games on Virtual Console?

Any hope left?

Yes, they will appear 28 38.36%

Maybe, wouldn't say no 23 31.51%

lol nuh 8 10.96%

Well, maybe N64 10 13.70%

Well, maybe GC 4 5.48%

Total:73

I'm sure everyone is aware that in today's Nintendo Direct, Nintendo announced Wii games will now be available for download on the console, despite having backwards compatibility. So the question remains, will N64/GC games ever surface on the Wii U Virtual Console, or are they doomed to be shunned? 

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Around the Network

I believe there are n64 games on the wii's VC so probably not for that and yea, I dont see GC happening

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I think they will bring N64 games to Wii U, GC not so much

It's Nintendo so who knows?

If that happens, I'll have to buy a wii u sooner rather than later. I'm already planning on picking one up this year though lol

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

They work in mysterious ways. They'd put GBA and DS games on Wii U before they do so on 3DS

I don't care about N64, but I'd be so happy if they'd bring some Gamecube games some day.

Wave Race: Blue Storm (aka the last of a forgotten franchise) for example, or Paper Mario: TTYD, Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos games.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/eshop/virtual-console

They've stated that N64 games will come in the future. As for GameCube games, I'm not sure, but considering we have an official GC adapter, that would be a great idea.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Obviously yes to both. One is already confirmed, and one is basically confirmed as the only things holding it back were things holding the Wii VC back and for a tiny fraction of games a lack of a GCN port..

N64 game's - $10
GCN games - $15

SjOne said:
They work in mysterious ways. They'd put GBA and DS games on Wii U before they do so on 3DS

I think there's a very specific reason for that.