By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2014 NPD Thread! XBO, PS4, Wii U up! Many software up!

I notice that Just Dance 2015 outsold Destiny for the month of December,congrats Ubisoft.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:
Barenziah said:
kowenicki said:
Barenziah said:
So a good turn around for Xbox 1 with amazing attach rates with incredible bundles and price deals for nov & dec,

the PS4 being the the best selling console and winning the USA is more impressive to me,so many prominent XBox posters said microsoft was guaranteed the USA from the off but we are still waiting for XBox1 to take the US market,wonder when it will

great job form sony winning the US market since gen 8 launch

To be fair, that was said before we knew anything about the consoles.  Nobody could have predicted the polarity of the two reveals.

I still edge toward the ONE winning in the US eventually.  I just think MS will make it happen whatever it takes.

not the way i remember it,so many claimed the Xbox1 win from the start even with the kinect price(never in doubt after the 360 massive US sales) but yes i agree the MS will still take the US after these amazing deals & price so you were right anyway,lol and congrats to MS for doing a great job ousting nintendo & sony from their home turf,it is impressive in the big scheme of teh console warz

sony being as near as level  this time round already won from their point of view from PS3 to PS4 another bad US showing would have finished them off i believe

It wouldn't have finished them off as they still had Europe, Japan and Asia.

it would have been close,japan don't seem to buy much anymore

and if PS4 had a terrible US you lose on the COD's,Destinys and other big shooters/us sports/subs but maybe Fifa keep them going

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Are those Kevin Dent figures reliable? He's a controversial figure.

Barenziah said:
GTAexpert said:
Barenziah said:
kowenicki said:
Barenziah said:
So a good turn around for Xbox 1 with amazing attach rates with incredible bundles and price deals for nov & dec,

the PS4 being the the best selling console and winning the USA is more impressive to me,so many prominent XBox posters said microsoft was guaranteed the USA from the off but we are still waiting for XBox1 to take the US market,wonder when it will

To be fair, that was said before we knew anything about the consoles.  Nobody could have predicted the polarity of the two reveals.

I still edge toward the ONE winning in the US eventually.  I just think MS will make it happen whatever it takes.

not the way i remember it,so many claimed the Xbox1 win from the start even with the kinect price(never in doubt after the 360 massive US sales) but yes i agree the MS will still take the US after these amazing deals & price so you were right anyway,lol and congrats to MS for doing a great job ousting nintendo & sony from their home turf,it is impressive in the big scheme of teh console warz

sony being as near as level  this time round already won from their point of view from PS3 to PS4 another bad US showing would have finished them off i believe

It wouldn't have finished them off as they still had Europe, Japan and Asia.

it would have been close,japan don't seem to buy much anymore

and if PS4 had a terrible US you lose on the COD's,Destinys and other big shooters/us sports/subs but maybe Fifa keep them going

Even without the US ps4 would be ahead of xb1 global sales. That's how much it dominates the rest of the world

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Barenziah said:

And not surprisingly, Sony has more wiggle room to make the PS4 more appealing than it already is.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
true_fan said:
VG has:
Madden on ps4>XB1, WRONG by at least 130k
Destiny on ps4>XB1, WRONG by at least 400k

I wonder how many others could be wrong. XBOX occupying 8/18 highest selling games for the year, highlights those xbox attach rates.

Regardless of how many times this has been pointed out to you, even again just withing the last 10 posts. You seem to just keep ignoring it. 

NPD does not track bundled sales. VGC does. Every white PS4 destiny bundle counts also counts as a destiny sale for the PS4. That is why vgc has destiny on the PS4 selling better. That is also why NPD has grand theft auto selling better on the XB1, cause it was bundled with the PS4. That is why TLoU doesn't even make the NPD top ten. 

And you keep hammerrimg on these attach rates numbers. And going as far as doing an MS PR stunt grouping XBOX to validate your claim. Why don't you focus on this gen sales, cause believe me that is what publishers are focusing on. Starting this year the older gen consoles will get even less support than they did last year. Just look at it, Evolve, The witcher, Batman are all current gen exclusive. And there will be more. A publisher about to make a game will look at the attach rates IN RELATION TO INSTALL BASE. What kinds picture do you think that paints when the Dev in question is going current gen only? 

Well then I'm all mixed up, there are so many different rules for different regions and sales chartz. I honestly thought only the official UK and Japan chartz tracked bundles. I have heard many times that VG does not track bundles unless it comes with a hard copy of the game, becuase they don't track digital codes. Well  now I know that bundles are counted on VG, Uk, and Japan Chartz.

For example I remeber Madden and Destiny specifically, people said awesome sales and that doesn't even include the bundles. Or when it showed ps4 on top for Maddden I heard some XB1 fans say bundles were taking away from total hardware sales. Why would that matter if bundles are counted. Overall it's just a mistunderstanding on my part.

true_fan said:

Well then I'm all mixed up, there are so many different rules for different regions and sales chartz. I honestly thought only the official UK and Japan chartz tracked bundles. I have heard many times that VG does not track bundles unless it comes with a hard copy of the game, becuase they don't track digital codes. Well  now I know that bundles are counted on VG, Uk, and Japan Chartz.

For example I remeber Madden and Destiny specifically, people said awesome sales and that doesn't even include the bundles. Or when it showed ps4 on top for Maddden I heard some XB1 fans say bundles were taking away from total hardware sales. Why would that matter if bundles are counted. Overall it's just a mistunderstanding on my part.

Fair enough. Physical copies of bundled games are tracked on VGC, unless I am somehow sorely mistaken. But someone else could or should chime in on this. Cause for all I know I could be wrong too. 

Kerotan said:
Boutros said:
Kerotan said:
MANUELF said:

Even more numbers now:

Minecraft XboxOne < 330k
Forza Horizon 2 > 325k
Sunset Overdrive > 280k

Infamous Second Son > 800k
The Last Of Us Remastered ~ > 650k
Minecraft PS4 > 250k
Little Big Planet 3 PS4 ~ 240k

Driveclub 84k

Are those infamous numbers lifetime sales? 

All lifetime and without bundles.

Sunset Overdrive has only sold 280k so Far?

As expected

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Metallox said:
Boutros said:

Thanks for all information, sir, like always :)

You're welcome!

And everything that we know so far is in the OP!

kowenicki said:

How, how do you see that happening when PS4 at 399 and with best games being a PS3 port and Infamous Took 2014 form a X1 which got a ton of deals free games big exclusives price cuts.  How does it ever take NA based on what it took for it to stay alive and relvent agianst comp that wasent ever trying at all ?