By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2014 NPD Thread! XBO, PS4, Wii U up! Many software up!

Boutros said:
Barenziah said:
Boutros said:

All lifetime and without bundles.

was driveclub bundled in US like europe,pretty overtracked otherwise

I'm pretty sure Driveclub wasn't bundled at all in the US. But Sunset Overdrive, Infamous, The Last of Us and LBP3 were in some way.

thats right the others were all well bundled,didn't think DC was

DA:I is well overtracked if that is for all formats

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Around the Network

Those are terrible Bayonetta 2 numbers...
What a shame...

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Barenziah said:
Boutros said:
Barenziah said:
Boutros said:

was driveclub bundled in US like europe,pretty overtracked otherwise

I'm pretty sure Driveclub wasn't bundled at all in the US. But Sunset Overdrive, Infamous, The Last of Us and LBP3 were in some way.

thats right the others were all well bundled,didn't think DC was

DA:I is well overtracked if that is for all formats

Hmm I actually don't know if those Dragon Age numbers are for December only or LTD...Either would be possible.

Boutros said:
Kerotan said:
MANUELF said:

Even more numbers now:

Minecraft XboxOne < 330k
Forza Horizon 2 > 325k
Sunset Overdrive > 280k

Infamous Second Son > 800k
The Last Of Us Remastered ~ > 650k
Minecraft PS4 > 250k
Little Big Planet 3 PS4 ~ 240k

Driveclub 84k

Are those infamous numbers lifetime sales? 

Sunset Overdrive has only sold 280k so Far?

episteme said:

It's time for cream's pies

Current gen home consoles:

If this is true:

X1: 43.7%
PS4: 36.4%
Wii-U: 19.9%

That's actually a lot closer than I expected with the $300 after gift card and 3 free grames promotion.  How trustworthy is the source?

If the 2.33 = xb1 and ps4 combined is true that means December numbers are:
X1: 54.56% or 1.27 Million
PS4: 45.44% or 1.06 Million

With that we can conclude that
Total sales = 2.91 million
Wii-U = .58 Million

This should be faily accurate if our sources are correct.  I double checked the math, it checks out..

I'll let someone else do the math for the others, I don't care enough.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

Sunset Overdrive has only sold 280k so Far?

Yeah in the US and without digital sales or bundled copies. I mean for a new IP it's not too bad.

episteme said:

It's time for cream's pies

Handhelds:

I'm using very, very rough guess work here but either the 3DS did really bad this December or Vita/PSTV did pretty good. If VGC's numbers are to be believed (~908k) then my very very very rough guess work puts Vita somewhere in the realm of ~170k. On the other hand, if VGC's numbers for the Vita are true (~50k) then my very very very rough guess work put's the 3DS at a pitifully low 262k. 

VGC's numbers have the 3DS taking up ~95% of handheld sales this month and according to the pie chart the Vita seems to have way more than 5%, it looks closer to say, 15-18%.

*EDIT* Looking back through the NPD thread on GAF someone calculated the angles on the HH graph and they put the Vita at 17.6%. 

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

I just saw:
Hardware:
XBO - 1.29m
PS4 - 1.065m
Wii U - ~580k

What a waste of time. At least my eyeing/napkin math was fairly accurate

Kevin Dent is going to find himself in a bad spot.  NPD takes numeric leaks very seriously.

I ended up under-predicting pretty much everything, but it's pretty nice to see good HW numbers across the board.

Wow. US really hates Driveclub.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.