By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2014 NPD Thread! XBO, PS4, Wii U up! Many software up!

jlmurph2 said:
Kerotan said:
jlmurph2 said:

Correcting him on what? Reffering to US numbers in the NPD thread?

No... Saying xbox one was going to dominate this year. 

Oh, he's going to believe what he will, this isn't the first thread someone's made bold claims that people can come back to and make them eat crow. My only gripe was thinking your whole post was about worldwide. Saying something like "It doesn't matter if Xbox One sells more in US, PS4 still has WW" is common here.

Yeah my whole point is even if the xbox manages to beat ps4 in the usa it won't be dominating it like he said and therefore it won't be enough to stop the ww domination of the ps4. 

As you say he is allowed make a bold claim and I'm allowed make a less bold counterclaim.  nobody else took issue with my post except you. all your replies and my replies to you are filling this thread with pointless posts nobody wants to read. Just let it go, man.

Around the Network
true_fan said:

When did I say XB1 is going to dominate this year. I said XB1 will OVERTAKE ps4 this year. Man these 2 small NPD victories really has you guys messed up. As Aaron Rodgers said, R_E_L_A_X.

Also why would I need to specify the region in an NPD article?

Damn it! I have to agree.

The PS5 Exists. 

true_fan said:
Kerotan said:

When did I say XB1 is going to dominate this year. I said XB1 will OVERTAKE ps4 this year. Man these 2 small NPD victories really has you guys messed up. As Aaron Rodgers said, R_E_L_A_X.

My entire point.

true_fan said:

Agreed, but a lot of people talk WW and a lot of people get confused when you talk about dominating, overtaking etc.

true_fan said:
Kerotan said:
jlmurph2 said:
Kerotan said:
jlmurph2 said:

My point is that he doesn't need to specify "in the US" in an NPD thread. You don't see him specifying the US when saying numbers or congratulations since its implied because of the topic/title. You can make a December 2014 worldwide numbers thread and then you can specify all you want.

My point is that Microsoft will not be dominating the usa and I'm pointing out that the only domination will be sony worldwide.  Whats the issue exactly?  I still don't know why you replied to me instead of correcting him. 

Correcting him on what? Reffering to US numbers in the NPD thread?

I'm very relaxed. Just so you know my posts are not referring to you so I'm not sure what made you think that. Relax Man!

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
true_fan said:
Kerotan said:

My entire point.

No your point was that I was salty.  he doesn't have to specify the region unless he says xbox will dominate.  Because that ain't happening in the usa so maybe he meant somewhere else.

jlmurph2 said:
thismeintiel said:
RJ_Sizzle said:
true_fan said:

The attach rates is why some companies don't mind being exclusive to XBOX. Despite ps4 having a 1 million+ install base lead a majority of the year, several games sold better on XB1 and there is still a ton of 360 support.

Wait, what? It's all multiplats ruling the annual charts with most selling best on PS4, what are you talking about?

He's also forgetting some of games that had exclusvie advertising and bundles for the XBO, but still sold better on PS4.  Even in the US.  And once SE sees how much the PS4 has sold by the time Nov/Dec rolls around this year, they are going to seriously regret that Tomb Raider deal.

Like Destiny. But how much does that matter when 360 software on a MS advertised game ends up selling more than PS4 software. MS is still getting the money.

I'm sorry.  Are we really talking about SW sales from one month compared to their LTD?  Cause guess which one companies actually care about.  And that 360 revenue isn't going to last the whole gen, is it?  Nope.  Maybe another year or so, when most people will be moving on and support for the system will be winding down.

thismeintiel said:
jlmurph2 said:
thismeintiel said:

He's also forgetting some of games that had exclusvie advertising and bundles for the XBO, but still sold better on PS4.  Even in the US.  And once SE sees how much the PS4 has sold by the time Nov/Dec rolls around this year, they are going to seriously regret that Tomb Raider deal.

Like Destiny. But how much does that matter when 360 software on a MS advertised game ends up selling more than PS4 software. MS is still getting the money.

I'm sorry.  Are we really talking about SW sales from one month compared to their LTD?  Cause guess which one companies actually care about.  And that 360 revenue isn't going to last the whole gen, is it?  Nope.  Maybe another year or so, when most people will be moving on and support for the system will be winding down.

No, I'm talking about for the year of 2014.

Skidmore said:
Amiibo will do more money than Xbox Live/PSN combined.. That shit already sold 2,5 million in one month in the US. And there is a new wave almost each week.

Amiibos sold 2.5M in Nov + December combined. PS+ has 11M (10.9M as of Jan. 4th) by itself and costs $50 while an Amiibo costs $12. 2.5M Amiibos @ $12 = $30M. 11M PS+ subs @ $50 = $550M. If they keep this pace of 2.5M per 2 months that is $180M. This is way way WAY behind PS+ and it doesn't even include Xbox LIVE.

In other words, your claim is HIGHLY unlikely, especially since PS+ and Live are recurring costs while a $12 Amiibo is not.

Edit - Nintendo rep says "Total sales", meaning Amiibos sales are very like not US only. Just in case you were wondering.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Ok everything is in the OP!