By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2014 NPD Thread! XBO, PS4, Wii U up! Many software up!

Winning 2 months in the US by a small amount because of a price cut and free games ($150 or more) is nothing to be happy about. If the xbone wins a npd without a price cut or giving away free games then that's something worth being happy about or brag about.

Around the Network
iTechHeads said:
true_fan said:

The attach rates is why some companies don't mind being exclusive to XBOX. Despite ps4 having a 1 million+ install base lead a majority of the year, several games sold better on XB1 and there is still a ton of 360 support.

Those games sold better on Xbox because Xbox sold more in those months. It's that simple.

Higher install base = Higher Sales

Although the PS4 has the advantaege in install base in the US, it is still quite small so new software releases will tend to sell better on the console that sold the most in that month in particular.

For the year of 2014 X1 sold more of Minecraft, Destiny, COD AW and COD Ghosts than PS4. While that doesn't include bundles that was the point he was trying to make when saying "several games sold better on XB1".

Aeolus451 said:
Winning 2 months in the US by a small amount because of a price cut and free games ($150 or more) is nothing to be happy about. If the xbone wins a npd without a price cut or giving away free games then that's something worth being happy about or brag about.

Thats not going to happen.  Microsoft CANNOT compete at price parity.  And thats okay.  They understand that the percieved value of their console is less than the competition.  As long as they remember this, they will be competitive. 

jlmurph2 said:
Kerotan said:
jlmurph2 said:
Kerotan said:

Come on man don't be like that. Why are you picking on me? Surely you should be replying to him and pointing out that while xbox might win the usa it won't be dominating.  What I said is correct.  Sony will still dominate worldwide even with a price cut in the usa. 

Because we have an immense amount of people being salty about "in the US" in an NPD thread.

He didn't specify the us and who is being Salty? All I see are ninty fans happy with an increase,  xbox fans happy the firesale worked and ps fans happy they only got beat by 200k so the usa gap remains big.  I'm really struggling to see the salt, man. 

My point is that he doesn't need to specify "in the US" in an NPD thread. You don't see him specifying the US when saying numbers or congratulations since its implied because of the topic/title. You can make a December 2014 worldwide numbers thread and then you can specify all you want.

My point is that Microsoft will not be dominating the usa and I'm pointing out that the only domination will be sony worldwide.  Whats the issue exactly?  I still don't know why you replied to me instead of correcting him. 

Kerotan said:
jlmurph2 said:

My point is that he doesn't need to specify "in the US" in an NPD thread. You don't see him specifying the US when saying numbers or congratulations since its implied because of the topic/title. You can make a December 2014 worldwide numbers thread and then you can specify all you want.

My point is that Microsoft will not be dominating the usa and I'm pointing out that the only domination will be sony worldwide.  Whats the issue exactly?  I still don't know why you replied to me instead of correcting him. 

Correcting him on what? Reffering to US numbers in the NPD thread?

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Aeolus451 said:

Thats not going to happen.  Microsoft CANNOT compete at price parity.  And thats okay.  They understand that the percieved value of their console is less than the competition.  As long as they remember this, they will be competitive. 

I can't really argue against that. 

RJ_Sizzle said:
true_fan said:

The attach rates is why some companies don't mind being exclusive to XBOX. Despite ps4 having a 1 million+ install base lead a majority of the year, several games sold better on XB1 and there is still a ton of 360 support.

Wait, what? It's all multiplats ruling the annual charts with most selling best on PS4, what are you talking about?

He's also forgetting some of games that had exclusvie advertising and bundles for the XBO, but still sold better on PS4.  Even in the US.  And once SE sees how much the PS4 has sold by the time Nov/Dec rolls around this year, they are going to seriously regret that Tomb Raider deal.

Wii U good, the rest terrible
ok the Wii U got outsold but the expectations arent high to begin with, all round very disappointing December, perhaps consoles are doomed!

poklane said:
true_fan said:
poklane said:
true_fan said:

I love how every time I make a point you refuse to talk about that point and just completley avoid it. Also, if you think someone might make a game exclusive for XB1 because of their partnership with Microsoft, especially while the XB1 isn't the market leader, and the XB1's attach rate then I just don't know what to say without risking a ban. Nobody in their right mind will avoid a 18.5mil+ console which is leading the market unless they get offered a huge amount of cash.

My point is not to say Publishers and devs are going to go out of their way to make exclusive deals, but the consenus among a few is that any XBOX exclusivity is stupid.  Your point would stand if games like TR that was avaiable to 160+ million wasn't deemed a failure.

jlmurph2 said:
Kerotan said:
jlmurph2 said:

Correcting him on what? Reffering to US numbers in the NPD thread?

No... Saying xbox one was going to dominate this year.