By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2014 NPD Thread! XBO, PS4, Wii U up! Many software up!

WhiteEaglePL said:
Wii U didn't reach a million in that month.

If you PS4 barely reached the quantity, then there's no way Wii U can't catch that either. I'm getting ~630K units, but I'm not sure. I don't know if Nintendo's PR is talking about YOY or just December.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
true_fan said:

The attach rates is why some companies don't mind being exclusive to XBOX. Despite ps4 having a 1 million+ install base lead a majority of the year, several games sold better on XB1 and there is still a ton of 360 support.

Every developer on earth minds going exclusive on any platform unless they get a huge bag of money.

I also love how you try to talk down PS4 sales and/or try to make XB1 sales look way better than they are with the bolded part. Also, what games have sold better on XB1 than PS4 (talking WW here as exclusitivy aplies to the whole world and not just the US)? Based on VGChartz numbers the only game I can see being close is AC Unity.

jlmurph2 said:
Kerotan said:
jlmurph2 said:

Come on man, don't be like that in the NPD thread. Take it somewhere else.

Come on man don't be like that. Why are you picking on me? Surely you should be replying to him and pointing out that while xbox might win the usa it won't be dominating.  What I said is correct.  Sony will still dominate worldwide even with a price cut in the usa. 

Because we have an immense amount of people being salty about "in the US" in an NPD thread.

He didn't specify the us and who is being Salty? All I see are ninty fans happy with an increase,  xbox fans happy the firesale worked and ps fans happy they only got beat by 200k so the usa gap remains big.  I'm really struggling to see the salt, man. 

sidmeiernintifan said:
benji232 said:
WII U CLOSES 2014 WITH BIGGEST MONTH OF SALES IN ITS HISTORY

Jan. 15, 2014

Wii U established new benchmarks for hardware and software sales in a single month in December. This helped total hardware and software sales in 2014 increase by more than 29 percent and more than 75 percent, respectively, over sales in 2013.

Nintendo 3DS also had a strong December, including its largest month ever for first-party software sales. This was primarily fueled by Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, which has already surpassed 2 million combined physical and digital units sold in a little more than three months, and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, which have combined to sell over 2.6 million physical and digital units in their first six weeks.

“Wii U had its strongest year yet thanks to the highly anticipated software lineup and the introduction of the amiibo platform,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Fans can anticipate another strong year for 2015, especially with more highly anticipated games like Splatoon and The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D, as well as New Nintendo 3DS XL, arriving in the first half of 2015.”

Other Nintendo highlights from the full 2014 year include:
Wii U

Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U sold over 1.7 million physical and digital units and 1.3 million physical and digital units, respectively, in 2014.
Total sales of amiibo figures in 2014 are nearly twice the sales of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
Nintendo 3DS

In 2014, 16 Nintendo 3DS titles sold at least 250,000 units. Of those titles, eight sold more than 500,000 units and three sold over 1 million units.
In 2014, the top 15 best-selling hand-held titles were all released on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

Are you sure? Wii U is up 29 % vs 2013, not december 2013 vs december 2014.

On gaf they were saying that would be around 575k

They might be right actually. It probably is LTD 2013 vs LTD 2014 and not december 2013 vs december 2014.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

poklane said:

Every developer on earth minds going exclusive on any platform unless they get a huge bag of money.

I also love how you try to talk down PS4 sales and/or try to make XB1 sales look way better than they are with the bolded part. Also, what games have sold better on XB1 than PS4 (talking WW here as exclusitivy aplies to the whole world and not just the US)?

And bundles are not counted in NPD. Most XB1 fans recognise that they're the biggest factor in Sony selling more software, so I'm sure they won't change their view now ...

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
poklane said:
true_fan said:

The attach rates is why some companies don't mind being exclusive to XBOX. Despite ps4 having a 1 million+ install base lead a majority of the year, several games sold better on XB1 and there is still a ton of 360 support.

I also love how you try to talk down PS4 sales and/or try to make XB1 sales look way better than they are with the bolded part. Also, what games have sold better on XB1 than PS4 (talking WW here as exclusitivy aplies to the whole world and not just the US)?

Don't get so defensive, I'm only pointing out that XBOX attach rates continue to be the highest in the industry. No need for a bag of money, guaranteed money and partnership eliminates risk, which is very important in business.

super6646 said:
Lawlight said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
wasnt xb1 outselling ps4 two months in a row in the u.s. ''impossible'' but yet here it is lol

It was impossible until MS massively cut the price on the X1, making it cheaper than the Ps4 and gave away a lot of free games.

MASSIVELY! Lol Sony cut the price of the PS3 by 100$ in under a year, and didn't remove dead squat! Vs a temporary price cut for two months and 2 games with that. Now its probably staying at 349, but production costs are probably already at that level or maybe even lower! Back in Nov 2013 it cost 397$ (without kinect) to make. Now its probably considerably lower. Anyway good decision to lower it again, and congrats for the sales!

Yeah, but the PS3 went from $600 to $500. The X1 went from $500 to $350. Yeah, it's a massive price cut.

true_fan said:
poklane said:

Don't get so defensive, I'm only pointing out that XBOX attach rates continue to be the highest in the industry. No need for a bag of money, guaranteed money and partnership eliminates risk, which is very important in business.

I'm curious to hear how you came to the conclusion that the Xbox attach rates are the highest in the industry.

true_fan said:

Wait, what? It's all multiplats ruling the annual charts with most selling best on PS4, what are you talking about?

Amiibo will do more money than Xbox Live/PSN combined.. That shit already sold 2,5 million in one month in the US. And there is a new wave almost each week.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804