By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2014 NPD Thread! XBO, PS4, Wii U up! Many software up!

DerNebel said:
Sh1nn said:
DerNebel said:

If the "leaked" hardware numbers for the 3 systems really are what Neogaf is saying then I'd call that pretty damn good. A 100k difference in December? That's a lot smaller than I expected.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147651209&postcount=189

XBO - 1.2M

PS4 - 1M

Wii U - 560K

Who is that dude? 200k is still ok, looks like vgchartz is pretty close post adjustments.

He's a reliable leaker, if I remember correctly.  Of course, he does say x2ish, not x2.  I'm guessing the guy above him thought the difference was only 100K, so the difference wouldn't be a full 200K, probably 160K-180K.  If I'm reading into that correctly, anyway.  Either way, the PS4 didn't lose by as much as I thought it would.  I figured 250K-300k.  PS4 still kicking ass with a ~500K lead in the US, and growing the gap more in January.

celador said:
true_fan said:

These Holidays proved price is one of the biggest factors in the US and that XBOX is more popular than playstation (in the US). I have no reservation that it won't, these last 2 months almost completely wiped away 10 straight months of ps4 omination.

These holidays proved that Xbox can only beat PS4 at a sifnicantly better price.

Almost completely wiped away is an interesting term.  Did PS4 only sell a couple 100k?

Yea, a still 500K+ gap is hardly "wiped away."  And the PS4 is also going to be dropping price this year, as well.  We all know what happens when they are the same price.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
wasnt xb1 outselling ps4 two months in a row in the u.s. ''impossible'' but yet here it is lol

It was impossible until MS massively cut the price on the X1, making it cheaper than the Ps4 and gave away a lot of free games.

MASSIVELY! Lol Sony cut the price of the PS3 by 100$ in under a year, and didn't remove dead squat! Vs a temporary price cut for two months and 2 games with that. Now its probably staying at 349, but production costs are probably already at that level or maybe even lower! Back in Nov 2013 it cost 397$ (without kinect) to make. Now its probably considerably lower. Anyway good decision to lower it again, and congrats for the sales!

Kerotan said:
Carl2291 said:
Also guys, check out that FIFA.

Football is taking over America.

Soon the Americans will call soccer football! 

HA! Not a chance.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Chill.. I think everyone has reasons to be happy. X1 won two NPDs and the repetition of the price cut will help prevent a drop as big as it was going to be. PS4 retains WW and US lead with very solid numbers for December. Wii U biggest month yet.

What's not to like?

Sweet it Gonna be interesting at least not boring. :)

Around the Network
ohmylanta1003 said:
Kerotan said:
Carl2291 said:
Also guys, check out that FIFA.

Football is taking over America.

Soon the Americans will call soccer football! 

HA! Not a chance.

It's already happening :P New York City FC, FC is short for Football Club.

PwerlvlAmy said:
wasnt xb1 outselling ps4 two months in a row in the u.s. ''impossible'' but yet here it is lol

Coming in at $50 less with two games bundled in on top of that can do that. No surprise there.

What will be really interesting is if the XB1 cant outsell the PS4 being $50 less without any bundled game while the PS4 remains at $400. 

We have to wait till February to find that out. 

thismeintiel said:
DerNebel said:
Sh1nn said:
DerNebel said:

If the "leaked" hardware numbers for the 3 systems really are what Neogaf is saying then I'd call that pretty damn good. A 100k difference in December? That's a lot smaller than I expected.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147651209&postcount=189

XBO - 1.2M

PS4 - 1M

Wii U - 560K

Who is that dude? 200k is still ok, looks like vgchartz is pretty close post adjustments.

He's a reliable leaker, if I remember correctly.  Of course, he does say x2ish, not x2.  I'm guessing the guy above him thought the difference was only 100K, so the difference wouldn't be a full 200K, probably 160K-180K.  If I'm reading into that correctly, anyway.  Either way, the PS4 didn't lose by as much as I thought it would.  I figured 250K-300k.  PS4 still kicking ass with a ~500K lead in the US, and growing the gap more in January.

celador said:
true_fan said:

These Holidays proved price is one of the biggest factors in the US and that XBOX is more popular than playstation (in the US). I have no reservation that it won't, these last 2 months almost completely wiped away 10 straight months of ps4 omination.

These holidays proved that Xbox can only beat PS4 at a sifnicantly better price.

Almost completely wiped away is an interesting term.  Did PS4 only sell a couple 100k?

Yea, a still 500K+ gap is hardly "wiped away."  And the PS4 is also going to be dropping price this year, as well.  We all know what happens when they are the same price.

Also, no I don't think the PS4 will be cut until 2016. Sony is slow this gen, and will make AS MUCH money as possible before price cutting, guarentee it!

The Xbox consoles are still dominating in the software charts! Congrats Microsoft! :)

Proud to be a Californian.

wiiU- 620.5k

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M