By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - POTENTIAL MEGATON: Xenoblade Chronicles X to run at 60fps?!?!

Nintendo needs to provide details about these supposed "online features". Is the game co-op? Just certain modes? I really would like to know.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
curl-6 said:
This is what I like about you Zekkyou, for all our differences, you are one of the more objective and reasonable posters on here, and for that you have my respect.

Personally I'm just tired of the whole thing. I wish we could have a thread about XCX without it becoming a discussion of character faces, because that's all it seems to boil down to, which sucks cos there's so much more to talk about. It's kind of sad that these days we gamers seem more interested in focussing on the negatives than the positives.

People said good things but they said the faces are a negative point, you quoted them and what you did ? you focused on the negative only, if the thread derails to the faces is because some cant deal with the fact other people dont like them.

People goes to ff 15 threads and they point all the time some things they dont like or they fear it will be bad, same to other games, people coming here and pointing only one flaw is no reason for people here think they hate the game.

There's discussion, then there's harping on something. It would be nice if we could talk about other aspects of the game for a change.

Nem said:
Hynad said:

Really? Console wars? Because people feel the faces look stiff and lifeless? Go back through the thread and see what people actually have to say about their dislikes of those faces.  Console war has nothing to do with it.

Not surprising that you come to this conclusion though. After all, you're one who acts the very same way you describe when it comes to non-Nintendo related stuff.

They dont look lifeless and stiff! They look anime! Are you unable to deal with the fact that they have a different design choice than what you want? Is it because the rest of the world looks realistic, even though its fantasy?

This is a JRPG, their faces are not supposed to be realistic! Cmon...

Thanks for the link, i know my posts are logical. My opinion doesnt change from console manufacturer to console manufacturer. 60 fps is the best thing for gaming over resolution and pretty effects. Its a game, not a movie. If you played Xenoblade chronicles you would know that very well. Their faces on that game were really pixelated textures. Didnt hear you complain about that one and its unversally considered the best JRPG of last generation.

Seriously, blame me for not beeing a graphics slave and enjoying actual gameplay.

You are so defensive. To me, they look like lifeless and stiff anime faces. Is that better formulated? Or are you unable to deal with the fact that not all people take everything from Nintendo as if it's some sort of godly milk or something that can't be criticized? Where did I say the graphics need to look like real life to have an ounce of life and character?

They look like lifeless and stiff anime dolls. That doesn't mean they have to be realistic to be otherwise. Ni No Kuni and Zelda U are both using an Anime look, and the characters faces don't look stiff or lifeless. Yet, they don't look realistic either. 

And Xenoblade on the Wii is far from perfect. It was good. Not godly. 

Hynad said:

You are so defensive. To me, they look like lifeless and stiff anime faces. Is that better formulated? Or are you unable to deal with the fact that not all people take everything from Nintendo as if it's some sort of godly milk or something that can't be criticized? Where did I say the graphics need to look like real life to have an ounce of life and character?

They look like lifeless and stiff anime dolls. That doesn't mean they have to be realistic to be otherwise. Ni No Kuni and Zelda U are both using an Anime look, and the characters faces don't look stiff or lifeless. Yet, they don't look realistic either. 

And Xenoblade on the Wii is far from perfect. It was good. Not godly. 

I'm not beeing defensive as i simply dont undestand that criticism. Faces on every game are lifeless. Stop playing and look at them. They blink thier eyes and they move their head sometimes. That is no different from this game. I dont see how any of this influences the gameplay. Its missing the point and its nitpicking, pure and simple.

People are singling out this game on purpose, and that is what i might be defensive about. You problem is not the faces, your problem is that they are using 3D anime style without cell shading. That has nothing to do with how good the faces look, because they look good. Its purely a design choice. Just say you disagree with the design choices, because the faces are not to blame.

I don't think I've ever seen so much complaints about faces. I guess everything else is so good in this game that people have to grasp at straws to complain at something. Ironically most of the complaining is done by people who don't own a Wii U and will never get this game.

Around the Network
Nem said:

I'm not beeing defensive as i simply dont undestand that criticism. Faces on every game are lifeless. Stop playing and look at them. They blink thier eyes and they move their head sometimes. That is no different from this game. I dont see how any of this influences the gameplay. Its missing the point and its nitpicking, pure and simple.

People are singling out this game on purpose, and that is what i might be defensive about. You problem is not the faces, your problem is that they are using 3D anime style without cell shading. That has nothing to do with how good the faces look, because they look good. Its purely a design choice. Just say you disagree with the design choices, because the faces are not to blame.

Who's singling out the game? The problem with you is that you take any criticism towards the game you're sold on as if people hate on it. They don't. If people complain about the faces, it's those faces that they don't like. Not the entire game. Quit being so desingenuous and accept that people see things differently from you.