By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - POTENTIAL MEGATON: Xenoblade Chronicles X to run at 60fps?!?!

KylieDog said:
sc94597 said:
KylieDog said:

This looks better.

Only if you're talking about the art of the faces. It is quite obvious that the characters in Xenoblade X have many, many more polygons and higher resolution textures. 

I should hope so, I'm comparing it to a PS2 game.

So why did you bring that up?

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
sc94597 said:
KylieDog said:

This looks better.

Only if you're talking about the art of the faces. It is quite obvious that the characters in Xenoblade X have many, many more polygons and higher resolution textures. 

Yeah, and you're arguing that the PS2 game looks better technically.  

KylieDog said:
sc94597 said:
KylieDog said:
sc94597 said:

The faces look better, is no arguing it.  If you want to switch this to a technical argument then XCX looks bad compared to everything on PS4 and Xbone, because those consoles games "have many, many more polygons and higher resolution textures."  But that wasn't my point, only the eventual outcome of yours.

Art style goes a long way towards making a game look good and XCX characters have a terrible one, in my example worse than even a PS2 game.

Its based on a art style of a game they've done before called the Xenosaga Trilogy.

KylieDog said:
sc94597 said:
KylieDog said:
sc94597 said:

The faces look better, is no arguing it.  If you want to switch this to a technical argument then XCX looks bad compared to everything on PS4 and Xbone, because those consoles games "have many, many more polygons and higher resolution textures."  But that wasn't my point, only the eventual outcome of yours.

Art style goes a long way towards making a game look good and XCX characters have a terrible one, in my example worse than even a PS2 game.

It was a response to Zekkyou's argument, which was a technical one. The implication was that Zekkyou, who was making a technical comparison between Xenoblade X and SO4's character models, can go even further and compare with Final Fantasy XII's models. And the faces look better only because it has a better art-direction. The Xenoblade X faces have higher polygon counts, and I assum higher resolution textures (even if it doesn't look it in the latter case.)

KylieDog said:

Art style goes a long way towards making a game look good and XCX characters have a terrible one, in my example worse than even a PS2 game.  A game in the same genre and which XC was often compared to, so a very fair comparison.

I can argue it, no they don't..... Like at all.

And it goes downhill VERY quickly from there when you look at their clothing. 

That was kind of easy actually. 

BTW: Isn't this a cutscene compared to something that is in game graphics?... Thought so. 

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:

On nintendo, what you see is what you get. The other pictures show the real graphics of ps360 titles, if you find them horrible then it proves my point.

I doesn't, not in the slightest, you can find horrible screenshots of every game out there and it doesn't prove anything. You're just displaying some huge hypocrisy here, you don't want to use cutscene characters for the games I named but clearly compare them to cutscene characters for XCX.

And finally it should be noted that I'm not only about the character models, but the characters as a whole that also includes face models and animations, both areas where XCX is pretty subpar as well.

So far I haven't seen a nintendo game where the pre release/cutscene material is lower than the actual ingame graphics of the finished products. but history asside, we have already seen direct feed videos of xenoblade and confirmed cutscenes = ingame graphics.

And I don't mind comparing cutscenes, the problem is that people tend to show bullshots or cutscenes that look better than gameplay, when argumenting about ps360 graphics.

Materia-Blade said:
DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:

On nintendo, what you see is what you get. The other pictures show the real graphics of ps360 titles, if you find them horrible then it proves my point.

I doesn't, not in the slightest, you can find horrible screenshots of every game out there and it doesn't prove anything. You're just displaying some huge hypocrisy here, you don't want to use cutscene characters for the games I named but clearly compare them to cutscene characters for XCX.

And finally it should be noted that I'm not only about the character models, but the characters as a whole that also includes face models and animations, both areas where XCX is pretty subpar as well.

So far I haven't seen a nintendo game where the pre release/cutscene material is lower than the actual ingame graphics of the finished products. but history asside, we have already seen direct feed videos of xenoblade and confirmed cutscenes = ingame graphics.

And I don't mind comparing cutscenes, the problem is that people tend to show bullshots or cutscenes that look better than gameplay, when argumenting about ps360 graphics.

Which is worse than what you're doing? That being showing the worst blurry gameplay shots of games you've possibly never played in your life and calling them accurate representations of the game?

You know, after looking at the character models some more in X, I've realized that the bodies look fine, it's the anime direction heads that look ugly lol, and from the past game play footage, I've already noticed that female heads look better than male ones when customizing your character so, there is noway I'm playing male at this point!

KylieDog said:
sc94597 said:

Art style goes a long way towards making a game look good and XCX characters have a terrible one, in my example worse than even a PS2 game.  A game in the same genre and which XC was often compared to, so a very fair comparison.

We have reports of wii u games using up to 8k textures (the highest quality today). so even if the standard for wii u is 4k textures, it's just a tie against other games. about polygons, on gen 5, 1k polygons was huge for a character, then gen 6 had 15-20k polygons on the best 3d models. gen 7 only had around 30k polygons on the best characters because polygons reached diminishing returns. So ps4 xone games don't have "many many many" more polygons than anything on wii u. the main cause for graphical difference today is due to visual effects (lightining, mapping), those can be discussed.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Materia-Blade said:

Can't see it. Resident evil 5 was the closest one.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/reddeadredemption/images/2/25/Rdr_jenny01.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100804212359

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gamelife/2010/03/ffxiii_battle02.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xANH_uPpuhM/UO-BrkSb5TI/AAAAAAAAEb0/4B1Xs3RPoBQ/s1600/resident-evil-5-20090910040819805-2989662.jpg

http://uk-blog.konami-europe.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/09/MGS4-3.jpg

http://geekness.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/beyond-two-souls-pics-17-pn.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/jBH19F4h8hc/maxresdefault.jpg

You picked THE WORST  possible screenshots and they still in those look better than the characters in Xenoblade ...

And some of the shots we cant even see the faces like the ff 13 one and the last of us one.

But nice try.

the last of us textures are as blurry on the front side as they are on the back.

http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Joel-and-Ellie-in-well-lit-street.jpg

A single look shows those models are worse than Xeno X.