By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - POTENTIAL MEGATON: Xenoblade Chronicles X to run at 60fps?!?!

Materia-Blade said:

the gta image was a bullshot. this one isn't the best screenshot ever, but it has actual ingame graphics:

Seems pretty bellow XCX. makes it doubtable if xeno x will run at 60 fps with those graphics.

It's so hilarious how you're actually trying to convince people that XCX character models are in any way impressive for a game coming out in 2015, there are more than a few PS3 and 360 games that have way better character models, characters just weren't Monolith's priority so stop making a fool out of yourself.

Moderated - Starcraft

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:

the gta image was a bullshot. this one isn't the best screenshot ever, but it has actual ingame graphics:

Seems pretty bellow XCX. makes it doubtable if xeno x will run at 60 fps with those graphics.

It's so hilarious how you're actually trying to convince people that XCX character models are in any way impressive for a game coming out in 2015, there are more than a few PS3 and 360 games that have way better character models, characters just weren't Monolith's priority so stop making a fool out of yourself.

What about those who compared XBX with GoW III or UCIII though? ;o

That's not hilarious?

Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:

There will always be errors. When somebody says there is an error it means +- some percentage. 20% of 12 would be +- 2.5 which is no where near the 20-25 sqmi you mentioned. Furthermore you are willing to accept a random figure you remember reading, but cant find the thread. Confirmation bias much? Which areas is he missing anyway?

You don't understand, 20% error means your outcome is not relevant statistically (max range of error is 0.5%). Too much guessing. He even admits he forgot some areas on the next page. He also forgot a huge part of the Eryth Sea.

Skyrim is 16 square miles, Xenoblade is bigger than Skyrim.

No it isn't, I have actually taken multiple statstics and experimental physics classes. In physics, the most accurate science, we usually say anything with an agreement of 2.5 and under is in good standing. This isn't a sample set though, so your claim is irrelevant. This is a measurent of a static quantity. But my point still stands. You choose to believe what you want to believe. You make up a statistic of 100-125 sq mi and accept a statistic with no critical thought of 20-25 sqmi (which has an uncertainty of about 10% btw, 22.75+- 2.125.) And the eyrth sea will not magically add 10 sqmi.

Is the potential framerate for a game really a megaton? Has the world become that dull?

sc94597 said:
Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:

There will always be errors. When somebody says there is an error it means +- some percentage. 20% of 12 would be +- 2.5 which is no where near the 20-25 sqmi you mentioned. Furthermore you are willing to accept a random figure you remember reading, but cant find the thread. Confirmation bias much? Which areas is he missing anyway?

You don't understand, 20% error means your outcome is not relevant statistically (max range of error is 0.5%). Too much guessing. He even admits he forgot some areas on the next page. He also forgot a huge part of the Eryth Sea.

No it isn't, I have actually taken multiple statstics and experimental physics classes. In physics, the most accurate science, we usually say anything with an uncertainty of 2.5 and under is in good standing. This isn't a sample set though, so your claim is irrelevant. This is a measurent of a static quantity. But my point still stands. You choose to believe what you want to believe. You make up a statistic of 100-125 sq mi and accept a statistic with no critical thought of 20-25 million (which has an uncertainty of about 10% btw, 22.75+- 2.125.) And the eyrth sea will not magically add 10 sqmi.

Eh, I do statistical work (amongst other things) for the history department at a university. Anything with more than 0.5% range of error is dismissed by the software we work with. In no field is an error of 20% allowed, that's just sloppy math.

The Eryth sea is by far the biggest area in the game lol. Did you play it? Because I got a copy two weeks ago. World is bigger than skyrim but you run a lot faster than in that game.

And the final part of your post makes no sense. I believe in what of 25 millon?

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Materia-Blade said:

could you give examples of these "ps360 games with way better char models"?

Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

What about those who compared XBX with GoW III or UCIII though? ;o

That's not hilarious?

When their point is that those games have character models that are way above those in XCX? Not really.

Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:
Samus Aran said:
sc94597 said:

No it isn't, I have actually taken multiple statstics and experimental physics classes. In physics, the most accurate science, we usually say anything with an uncertainty of 2.5 and under is in good standing. This isn't a sample set though, so your claim is irrelevant. This is a measurent of a static quantity. But my point still stands. You choose to believe what you want to believe. You make up a statistic of 100-125 sq mi and accept a statistic with no critical thought of 20-25 million (which has an uncertainty of about 10% btw, 22.75+- 2.125.) And the eyrth sea will not magically add 10 sqmi.

Eh, I do statistical work (amongst other things) for the history department at a university. Anything with more than 0.5% range of error is dismissed by the software we work with. In no field is an error of 20% allowed, that's just sloppy math.

The Eryth sea is by far the biggest area in the game lol. Did you play it? Because I got a copy two weeks ago. World is bigger than skyrim but you run a lot faster than in that game.

Yet you cannot tell the difference between a static measurement and a data set? In physics we do measurements of say a centimeter with uncertainties of a milimeter (10% of a centimeter) all the time and we get significance value of less than 2.5 which is good standing after using methods like chi-squared. Also you are doing the same thing here. Your 20-25 sqmi estimate shows your uncertainty of 10%. And the eyrth sea is obviously not the size of all the other zones put together, especially since he is measuring at least part of the eyrth sea in his estimate. You implied that he was missing data and said that he isn't measuring all of the eyrth sea, yet you estimate a size at least 10  more than his. 

DerNebel said:

When their point is that those games have character models that are way above those in XCX? Not really.

Eh, you should compare games of similar scope with each other. You don't compare corridor shooters with open world games...

If games of similar scope exist on the PS3 that is.

I finally saw the trailer and it looks pretty good. I don't know if I'll get day one, but I will definitely get it.