By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, 3DS outsell PS4 this chrismas?

Are you surprised?

No, Nintendo is strong in December... 75 70.09%

Holy fuck, i never expect this!!! D: 32 29.91%

Total:107
REDZONE said:
Jranation said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Considering it's like, 300 dollars cheaper, I would sure HOPE it outsold the PS4. Also, handhelds and home consoles don't compete for sales.

I guess the 3DS DOMINATED Against the PSVita 

Yes  it did.The same way the PS4 CRUSHED the WiiU.

YES!!! Now this is a much better comparison. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Oh i understand this thread its the Nintendo fanboy version of how xbox one supporters brag about winning the last 2 npds of the yr while getting crushed globally. In Nintendo's case the 3ds eking out a win for christmas while getting annihilated globally by the ps4. Hell even when you combine the total 2014 yr hw sales of the wii-u and the 3ds together (13.1 m) vs the ps4's 13.6 sony still wins by 1/2 million in 2014.

~ Moderated - Mr Khan ~

No imo, when all the final data is in PS4 will sell/ship more than 3DS.

NSS7 said:
I dont think Pokemon, Smash and Youkai more famous than GTA, COD ( other than Japan).

Pokemon definitely is.

spemanig said:
NSS7 said:
I dont think Pokemon, Smash and Youkai more famous than GTA, COD ( other than Japan).

Pokemon definitely is.

Hmmm, GTA sells more, and the Pokemon phase (Anime, cards) have died down.

If I had to bet I would say Pokemon too I guess, I think it's close tho.

Around the Network
Seece said:

Hmmm, GTA sells more, and the Pokemon phase (Anime, cards) have died down.

If I had to bet I would say Pokemon too I guess, I think it's close tho.

I agree that it's close. Tied even. I was more getting at Pokemon being as big world wide as GTA.

Which is why it's so fucking frustrating that the franchise hasn't had a real effort at a console game yet.

It might seem like a good thing for the 3DS that it outsold PS4, but IMO the fact that the PS4 is so close to the 3DS is positive considering the holiday titles for both systems.

What a beast is 3DS. Outselling everything in its fourth year in the market.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

yeah but 3ds costs what? 140 bucks vs 400 bucks for PS4

The handheld is what Japan wants. They can play them anywhere and they actually have a lot of games that appeal to the gaming audience of Japan. Unlike the the ps4, which mostly has western content that they generally could care less about. It's getting better for the ps4 though. The japanese games are starting to come. Still won't put a dent in the 3ds, but it will be the top home console soon enough there atleast.