By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: PS4 will sell 37,000,000 by Dec 31. 2015

33-35m at the end of 2015. say otherwise. we'll see eventually.

(bloodborne may not even get to 1m until holidays 2015, if then; we'll see about 2m, ok? also, this whole, "from the creators of..." business hasn't worked in the past... the world ends with you, which is a better game than any kingdom hearts title, sold like shit compared to those precisely because of name recognition and disney characters. billy hatcher, from the sonic team, sold like shit compared to a port of sonic adventure 2... both were advertised as you suggest. it's hardly ever worked. plus, bloodborne is a terrible title.)

Around the Network

That's about 19m sold next year, and that'd certainly achieveable!

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Aura7541 said:
jetforcejiminy said:

dark souls 2 did ~2.5m on a combined install base (360+ps3) of ~165m. you, however, think bloodborne, without the name recognition of the souls series, will do 2m on an install base of 20-21m (by march)? yeah... i don't see that. especially since demon's souls, the last from software exclusive on a sony platform, did only 1.76, and that after years and years of discounts (it was a greatest hits). it did barely 500k worldwide its first year. don't be silly.

also, we'll see about your 'certainty.' i mean, time's just going to keep on going, eventually the year will be over and we'll have the figure. i think it'll be closer to mine (33-35m) than yours (whatever that may be).

And you don't think Sony and From Software can advertise Bloodborne with a "From the makers of the Dark Souls series" tagline? Not to mention, Demon's Souls was the first entry of the series where the popularity of a game of its kind was uncertain. Localization of Demon's Souls also took quite a while until Atlus published it in the west. However, Bloodborne is in a more favorable position than Demon's Souls since it's fanbase is already established and it will have a worldwide release rather than a rather staggered one.

EDIT: And why did you leave out the PC version of Dark Souls 2???

i said around 2.5, pc sales negligible (i think 100k)..

jetforcejiminy said:
Aura7541 said:

And you don't think Sony and From Software can advertise Bloodborne with a "From the makers of the Dark Souls series" tagline? Not to mention, Demon's Souls was the first entry of the series where the popularity of a game of its kind was uncertain. Localization of Demon's Souls also took quite a while until Atlus published it in the west. However, Bloodborne is in a more favorable position than Demon's Souls since it's fanbase is already established and it will have a worldwide release rather than a rather staggered one.

Wow, you really don't know the PC market, do you?

Bloodborne is a system seller for many people including some of my friends. The soul series have dedicated fans and I'm sure most of them are aware of bloodborne being developed by the team that mad demon/dark souls. I'm not saying this is a gran turismo or halo but don't underestimate the potential of this game. If it turns to be as good or even better than dark/demon souls it will sell more than 2 million units. Like we have seen sins ps4 and x1 launched, lots of game sells good even though the install base is not 80+million. If sony bundled this game and advertise it then I'm sure it will sell very well and even better than previous souls game in its lifetime. I can't see why they would not because in my opinion one of the best reason to own a ps4.  Finally I just wanted to say I have played the alpha and my god did it deliver, can't see how this game won't sell over 2million because the souls games have been gathering lots of fans over all platforms and I'm sure most of them want get a ps4 for this one.

Around the Network

Not going to happen. It sold a shitload without any real reason because of initial hype and because it was sold out. (like alot of Amiibos sell because of them being limited because people want to have things they cannot have)

Even sony said they dont know why it sold so well.

This year it wont sell as well as last year + 2013's xmas combined.

based off trends the third year is usually bigger than 2nd year. so Yeah, itll prob be 37m+

Aura7541 said:
jetforcejiminy said:
Aura7541 said:

dude, negligible in the grand scheme of things, not its own market. do you really want to quibble over 100k?

look, 2015 is not going to be 2013+2014+some more. it's just not. 33-35m. if you think otherwise, give me a figure. i offered a bet to the user who said 45m by the end of 2015. nobody took me up on it. i say 33-35m. you? back it up with a bet. and stop berating me about not "knowing the pc market"...

jetforcejiminy said:
Aura7541 said:

dude, negligible in the grand scheme of things, not its own market. do you really want to quibble over 100k?

look, 2015 is not going to be 2013+2014+some more. it's just not. 33-35m. if you think otherwise, give me a figure. i offered a bet to the user who said 45m by the end of 2015. nobody took me up on it. i say 33-35m. you? back it up with a bet. and stop berating me about not "knowing the pc market"...

Why would I quibble over 100K when that's not even close to how many PC gamers who have purchased and played Dark Souls 2? Sorry, but you need to do more research on the PC market.

Aura7541 said:
jetforcejiminy said:
Aura7541 said:

Why would I quibble over 100K when that's not even close to how many PC gamers who have purchased and played Dark Souls 2? Sorry, but you need to do more research on the PC market.

yes, i know digital sales exist. but this site tracks physical retail sales only. and so i'm referring only to those, and in the context of those, 100k is essentially negligible... so about that bet? 33-35m vs. _____?