By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Selling Home Console Games of the 8th Gen

What's gonna be the first single SKU to go over 10M this generation? I think COD: BLOPS 3 PS4. I also think GTAV PS4 will get there easily sometime in 2016/2017, especially with a re-release sometime next fall/2017 with all DLC included.

Around the Network
NewGuy said:
What's gonna be the first single SKU to go over 10M this generation? I think COD: BLOPS 3 PS4. I also think GTAV PS4 will get there easily sometime in 2016/2017, especially with a re-release sometime next fall/2017 with all DLC included.

Black Ops 3 for PS4 or Halo 5.

TheGoldenBoy said:
NewGuy said:

Black Ops 3 for PS4 or Halo 5.

Halo 5 will need ~50% attachment rate (assuming XBO sells another 7 mil by the end of this year). I don't think it'll happen. Plus, only one Halo has sold over 10M (Halo 3). The hype for that was unbelieavable if you remember. Halo 4 and Reach did not sell over 10M and they were on the behemoth that was the 360. I have my doubts whether Halo 5 reaches that milestone.  Not saying impossible, but I will guess between 6 and 9M for Halo 5.

COD deal with Sony, getting DLC first and marketing, will sway lots of COD players to PS4 and it'll help it be the first one I think.

zumnupy10 said:

Didn't Microsoft have a deal with EA to have FIFA bundles exclusively ? The Fifa sales difference between PS4 and Xbone is absurd.

Edit 1:   TLoU:R near 3M is fantastic. 

Edit 2:   Titanfall in the end wasn't the system seller people were imagining, got outsold by TLoU:R. 

Yes but the bundles come with a digital voucher. Would love to see digital sales included Minecraft must be pretty high then.

Around the Network

Wow at COD AW
COD is really the undisputed King
And this year BLOPS3 Will trump it

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Ka-pi96 said:
asqarkabab said:
Wow at COD AW

GTA says hi

If it wasn't for the fact that GTAV released a year late on PS4/Xbox One it would be above AW already, probably will still overtake it somewhen anyway.

Yea lets see but BLOPS3 Will sell more than GTA

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Ka-pi96 said:
asqarkabab said:
Wow at COD AW

GTA says hi

If it wasn't for the fact that GTAV released a year late on PS4/Xbox One it would be above AW already, probably will still overtake it somewhen anyway.

Yea lets see but BLOPS3 Will sell more than GTA

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Ka-pi96 said:
Nice update.

I wonder how long it will be before a 3rd party Japanese publisher has a game on that list. I'm not counting Witcher 3 for Namco since they only published the European version.

Next year we should see probably at least three, Street Fighter V, FFXV and Tomb Raider, possibly DQXI PS4 if it releases next year and sells enough (after all there will be four new chart toppers released this year, with Fifa 16, CoD BO3, SW BF and AC Syndicate which will raise the bar for how much a title needs to sell to get a top 30 place.

Ka-pi96 said:
Teeqoz said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Nice update.

I wonder how long it will be before a 3rd party Japanese publisher has a game on that list. I'm not counting Witcher 3 for Namco since they only published the European version.

Next year we should see probably at least three, Street Fighter V, FFXV and Tomb Raider, possibly DQXI PS4 if it releases next year and sells enough (after all there will be four new chart toppers released this year, with Fifa 16, CoD BO3, SW BF and AC Syndicate which will raise the bar for how much a title needs to sell to get a top 30 place.

hmm, Tomb Raider seems a bit of an iffy one. Would probably need 3m on Xbox One alone to get in to the top 30 and then by the time the PS4 version releases there will be FIFA 17, new COD, new AC etc making it more difficult to get in there. I have my doubts about DQXI as well, it's going to get the vast majority of its sales in Japan so unless it either has an insane attach rate in Japan or PS4 starts selling a lot better there it may be difficult for DQ to make an appearance.

Street Fighter and FF are very likely though.

Come to think of it, MGSV should make the list this year anyway. Might be bumped out eventually though.