Are you getting one?

Hell yea brah! 14 40.00%

Nah brah. 17 48.57%

see results brah.. 4 11.43%

Total:35
Raistline said:
kristianity77 said:
Raistline said:

Even if you use this it won't help you much at all.

The enclosure connects the 3.5" drive as an external USB drive so you can't use it to install games or downloaded movies protected movies on it. But if you want to use your PS4 as a media center and load it with movies and music you can use it for that.

Wrong.  This Nyko device does exactly what you can already do yourself.  All it does is run a pass through from where the PS4 hard drive connects now, to a hard drive of your choice on the outside of the device.  Installnig games and whatever will work fine.  I do it now on my PS4 (3TB - from a 3.5 drive using the method described above).

All the Nyko device does it make it look a bit neater, thats all.  

All the Nyko drive is doing, is what you can do yourself, look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Gm5TiR93Q

I stand corrected, the first article I read bout this stated it conenct to the PS4 via USB and is just an externally connected USB drive.

I think there was a bit of confusion to start with about how the device was powered.  Thats where I had read the USB from too, but the Nyko device gets its power fromt he PS4 via a pass through where the power cable goes.

Still, I'd be amazed if people spent the $30-$40 to do this, when you can do it for literally $2-$3 dollars yourself lol  Plus, doing it yourself you have no big block thing sticking on the top making your PS4 look untidy.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Danman27 said:

This is a stupid idea
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2TB-Seagate-ST2000LM003-2-5-inch-SATA-Laptop-Hard-Drive-for-Sony-PlayStation-4-/191475403240?pt=US_Internal_Hard_Disk_Drives&hash=item2c94d2c9e8

A $70 3.5in 2tb and this enclosure will end up costing the same. 

not if you already own a 3.5 2tb.

Yep, for all those people that just have a 2tb hdd lying around and didn't aready purchase it at some point. 

How much cheaper would it really be? 2.5 inch 2TB drives really aren't that much more expensive than 3.5 inch drives.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
How much cheaper would it really be? 2.5 inch 2TB drives really aren't that much more expensive than 3.5 inch drives.

If you buy this device, then buy a 2TB 3.5 drive, you'll end up paying about the same.  The idea is, is that 3.5 drives come in larger sizes the 2.5 inch drives do.  Basically its a way to go over the 2TB limit that you'll probably never be able to if you only install a drive internally.

kristianity77 said:
Normchacho said:

If you buy this device, then buy a 2TB 3.5 drive, you'll end up paying about the same.  The idea is, is that 3.5 drives come in larger sizes the 2.5 inch drives do.  Basically its a way to go over the 2TB limit that you'll probably never be able to if you only install a drive internally.

I guess that makes sense. But I imagine that it won't be that long before you can buy 3-4TB 2.5 inch drives for what we're paying for 2TB ones now.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
kristianity77 said:
Normchacho said:

I guess that makes sense. But I imagine that it won't be that long before you can buy 3-4TB 2.5 inch drives for what we're paying for 2TB ones now.

Well, its possible.  But I've read a few places that 2TB might be the limit (or close to the limit) for a mechanical drive in the 2.5 inch format.  Obviously that doesn't apply to the 3.5 inch as there is a lot more space.  I don't think they have reached the max size there yet.  But still, the size of the space available in a 2.5 drive may go higher, but with that will go a massively increased cost, which make it even less worthwhile to go down that route.

I'm just gonna wait until the slim comes out with at least a 1tb HDD. By that time I'll be ready to trade up to that and transfer my stuff. Until then I'll just delete stuff I know I won't play for awhile.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I was just reading a preview on this. It looks like the PS4 isn't capped to 2TB. Someone testing claimed to have success been able to use a 4TB drive which the system recognized as 4TB drive.

This is great new for those of us what want massive storage! It looks like Nyko is just waiting on patent approval before the official release.