By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Gunmen attacks French Satirical magazine killing 11 people..

Dante9 said:
It seems their god, prophets and leaders are too weak to fend for themselves.
Islam is about 500 years younger than Christianity, apparently the islamic dark ages are due now. Too bad that weapons nowadays are more powerful than back in the day, when Christianity was going through puberty.

from what I heard their dark ages began shortly after the european one with fundamentalists taking over and the science focussed/progressive arabic societies disappearing over the course of a few centuries

Around the Network

paste from other thread:

The 4 star drawers (satiric) are dead, all of them were genius, and all of them were calling for toleration.

Like a famous french humorist said, "you can laugh about anything, just not with anyone".

This is a terrible attack. All of this because some extremist can't take a joke. There's a saying in French that goes "Si tu ne vaux pas une risée, tu ne vaux pas grand chose" which translate "If you're not worth a laugh, you're not worth much." I wish those guys understood that.

Signature goes here!

And here comes the explosion near the synagogue, classic. Told ya, 2015 is going to be an interesting year on all accounts.

Got goosebumps when John Kerry did his speech in French.

Around the Network

How ironic...

I must say their "satire" sucks major ***, old guard of political satire like Kukryniksy or current DeeS are much better. Not an excuse to murder people, of course.

Lafiel said:
Dante9 said:
It seems their god, prophets and leaders are too weak to fend for themselves.
Islam is about 500 years younger than Christianity, apparently the islamic dark ages are due now. Too bad that weapons nowadays are more powerful than back in the day, when Christianity was going through puberty.

from what I heard their dark ages began shortly after the european one with fundamentalists taking over and the science focussed/progressive arabic societies disappearing over the course of a few centuries

AFAIK Islam wasn't particularly prone to fundamentalism until after WW2. The two-state solution and the third world population boom did it IMO.

The end of the Islamic Golden Age came from centuries of bad politics and the Mongol invasion.

Cartoons are starting to come in..

I'm not surprised. Rest in peace to those 11 who supported freedom! How many terrorist attacks must there be in Europe before Europeans stop hating Israel and start hating the rest of the Middle East?

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

One Religion kill knowledge ...the rest want improvement. Sad day for free speech.