By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The VGChartz list of the best co-op games for every system ever.

Oh and I may get destroyed for this but what the hell, Tanks in Wii Play was great fun i co-op mode, there i said it XD

Around the Network

For Wii:

Wii Play (Tanks!)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (on-rails shooter stages)

Thatmax said:
Oh and I may get destroyed for this but what the hell, Tanks in Wii Play was great fun i co-op mode, there i said it XD

No need to fear. Co-op tanks is much fun, indeed!

GoldenEye 007 for the N64, probably one of the best multiplayer games ever.

Goldeneye is great, but I don't remember a coop mode in it. Unless you use one of the controller schemes where you use two controllers, and have one person use either controller, but that would be... difficult.

Anyway,

SNES: Lost Vikings and Lost Vikings 2. I played Lost Vikings 2 in a hotel (pay per hour using... Lodgenet?) for an hour or so with my brother. We were hooked, so we rented Lost Vikings once we got home. Finally, after ten years, I finally found Lost Vikings 2 in a used game store. My bro and I beat it this summer. Great puzzle games by Blizzard.

Also SNES: My friend and I have had some fun with Darius Twin, an airplane side-scroller like Gradius.

NES: Gradius (never played it, but I think it's two player) and Lifeforce. Both are airplane side-scrollers, I believe. 8 Eyes has a really cool concept--player one is a man Orin, and player two is his bird Cutrus. The game is like Mega Man in that you can go to stages in any order. The downside to the game is that once you beat it, it starts you over for a second quest. Not so bad. Then you beat it again and it starts you on a third quest. That's when my brother and I quit playing--we didn't think it would ever end (I think it does after three, though).

Also NES: Mega Man 3 has some cool cheats where you hold up or A on controller 2 and your dude can jump really high or live forever or something, but they only work on the NES version.

Brawl FC: 4296-2855-3469

Around the Network

X360 list is missing EDF 2017. :)

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Secret of Mana is actually three player if you can find a multi-tap for the SNES.

Contra on the Nintendo. By far baby, by far.

Tanks is Wii play is awesome! I babysit 3 kids with my wife and the 5 year old boy LOVES that game! He schooled me on it till I learned that those darn bullets can bounce back at you! : )

Johnny B said:

Goldeneye is great, but I don't remember a coop mode in it. Unless you use one of the controller schemes where you use two controllers, and have one person use either controller, but that would be... difficult.

Anyway,

SNES: Lost Vikings and Lost Vikings 2. I played Lost Vikings 2 in a hotel (pay per hour using... Lodgenet?) for an hour or so with my brother. We were hooked, so we rented Lost Vikings once we got home. Finally, after ten years, I finally found Lost Vikings 2 in a used game store. My bro and I beat it this summer. Great puzzle games by Blizzard.

Also SNES: My friend and I have had some fun with Darius Twin, an airplane side-scroller like Gradius.

NES: Gradius (never played it, but I think it's two player) and Lifeforce. Both are airplane side-scrollers, I believe. 8 Eyes has a really cool concept--player one is a man Orin, and player two is his bird Cutrus. The game is like Mega Man in that you can go to stages in any order. The downside to the game is that once you beat it, it starts you over for a second quest. Not so bad. Then you beat it again and it starts you on a third quest. That's when my brother and I quit playing--we didn't think it would ever end (I think it does after three, though).

Also NES: Mega Man 3 has some cool cheats where you hold up or A on controller 2 and your dude can jump really high or live forever or something, but they only work on the NES version.

Gradius is not a cooperative game

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989