By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, I got 3 Wii U games these christmas and...

So, the one you like more?

Hyrule Warriors 16 10.13%

Mario Kart 8 63 39.87%

Super Smash Bros for Wii U 61 38.61%

FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING 18 11.39%

Total:158

...those games are: Hyrule Warrios, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros for Wii U.

Just wanted you to know it.

Hyrule Warriors

The best of the three (as far as I have played). I'v reached the point where the story mode split into three parts (ironic...). Have only did Skyloft scenario with Link (best character). Normal difficult but not all of the skulltulas and collectables, so I need to came back in the free mode. Lana and Sheik are useless. Impa is better, but not as Link. What bugs me, is that skulltulas and collectables mostly are open to be obtained when you are most occupied fighting a boss or fighting to save the ally base. Anyway, as a spin-off is ok.

Mario Kart 8

So far, as I expected. Wide beautiful boring tracks. Better than 7 but way inferior to 64 and Wii versions. Not even in the same realm of DD. Only played 3 cups. Gravity is nothing outstanding like the Motion Controls were with the magical Wii Wheel. I hope online is better, but already was bad in MK7 and I'm not expecting a huge improvement, as the tracks are the actual problem. Nobody cares for the koopalings and baby versions. Different accesories for the karts is nothing I care honestly, I always choose the traditional kart.

Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Level editor is fun and 8-player Smash. Have not found the classic target and platform challenges for each character, like in 64 and Melee. Not adventure mode. The angrybirds copy paste bomb-sack mode did nothing for me. Scenarios are more about the player looking to not fall while the platforms move, than fighting. As much as I love FE, Robin and Lucina are enough, maybe Roy later. Dark Pit is just a clone.

So, in conclusion, I'm not dissapointed as I already expected to be what I have been playing. Thankfully, my lovely Fire Emblem Awakening is saving my holiday :D

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Why do you buy games you know you wont like?

Personally i have been leaning towards Hyrule warriors because i love Dynasty Warriors. But, the main series is keeping me busy.

Nem said:

Personally i have been leaning towards Hyrule warriors because i love Dynasty Warriors. But, the main series is keeping me busy.

I did not buy those, of course not! Those were presents.

Nicee! Glad your enjoying them!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I don't think you've really explored the depth MK8 has. There are distinct advantages of changing your kart/bike, tires, and chute as well as differing strategies per your competition and course selection.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Nem said:

I did not buy those, of course not! Those were presents.

Fair enough... You should inform your family better of your gaming tastes for next time. You know... so you can actually enjoy those gifts.

I got a bunch of eShop games on Christmas, but I got Smash just before. I haven't played enough of the eShop games for me to even say which I like most, since I only just managed to play AC IV from early November properly...

But I got: 3D Classics Kid Icarus (only on the list for 3DS) , SteamWorld Dig, Art of Balance, LoZ Minish Cap , Nes Remix 2 and Child of Light.

I have all 3 games and I enjoyed Hyrule Warriors the most. MK8 3rd.  Smash 3DS brought down the joy of Smash U but it's still very fun, but I haven't spent over 100 hours in it like I did with Smash 3D. (about 40.)

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Nicee! Glad your enjoying Fire Emblem!

Thanks! :D

Nem said:

Fair enough... You should inform your family better of your gaming tastes for next time. You know... so you can actually enjoy those gifts.

I actually asked for those expecting to get only 1 or 2 at most. There's nothing more out there that interest me, but I actually wanted to give a shoot. Maybe I was wrong, like the times when I didn't care about Metroid or FE.

WhiteEaglePL said:

I got a bunch of eShop games on Christmas, but I got Smash just before. I haven't played enough of the eShop games for me to even say which I like most, since I only just managed to play AC IV from early November properly...

But I got: 3D Classics Kid Icarus (only on the list for 3DS) , SteamWorld Dig, Art of Balance, LoZ Minish Cap , Nes Remix 2 and Child of Light.

I have all 3 games and I enjoyed Hyrule Warriors the most. MK8 3rd.  Smash 3DS brought down the joy of Smash U but it's still very fun, but I haven't spent over 100 hours in it like I did with Smash 3D. (about 40.)

Minish Cap is very good. Go and play it.