By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spoilers ahead: Biggest betrayals in gaming

Nintendo's betryal to Sony

Damnit, just 11 minutes earlier someone said the same thing! Ninja'd

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Far Cry 2 and the so-called buddies

Jowy Atreides joining Luca Blights' Highland Army in Suikoden II.
Nishiki Akira betraying the Tojo Clan in Yakuza.
Ayame Fujieda turning traitor in Sakura Taisen.

The fan following's betrayal of "Sephiroth's theme" in FF7- One Winged Angel, seriously? Skillful exposition of Those Chosen By The Planet was probably the best thing about that game. If you do not concern your faltering time here on Earth with precious concepts such as build-up, then what is there left to unleash in a final boss encounter? Apart from perhaps your own false expectations...

I do sincerely hope that the future Final Fantasy series fire back at this utter lack of focality for appreciation. Oh wait, they already have. Such an extent on karma is seldomly evoken...

Guys, just name the game you are going to spoil and then cover the actual betray in spoiler tags. So far I have been lucky of playing all these games shown here, but imagine just...running across something you wouldn't like to see!

For me:

Knights of the Old Republic:

Malak's betrayal, which incidentally set the events of the whole game in motion.

Metal Gear Solid 1, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid 4 and you can bet your ass Metal Gear Solid 5:

Revolver Ocelot. Seriously, do I have to dwellve on this one?

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record:

Stacey, in exchange of Sullivan. Such an unexpected move. Well done, Capcom, well done.

Tales of Vesperia/Tales of Xillia:

I put these two games together since Raven and Alvin cover pretty much the same character scheme, and they pretty much fuck up the party throughout the events of their respective games.

Metro: Last Light:

Being stabbed in the back by Pavel. I didn't, however, feel angry at him as it is later revealed in the game that he did not want to sacrifice their friendship but his bond to his group of comrades was too strong. Then, later, you can chose to forgive him, leaving with the impression that they both share a common, strong bond too.

Dragon's Dogma:

Edmun Dragonsbane. Seriously, fuck off asshole.

I could probably think of more later.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Ryudo said:
Not a game. Nintendo to Sony the day of the PlayStation CD add on project. Nintendo backs out day of and goes with Phillips. Sony makes PS a console and N64 sticks with Carts and rest is history.

I dunno about that. Nintendo did have some very good legitimate reasons for backing out of it.

Sony wanted more control than Nintendo was willing to give. Just Nintendo ditched them very last second and went behind their backs to make a deal with Phillips.

I'm not saying it was the wrong move just saying Sony was betrayed and Nintendo seemed unwilling to work a deal out. Hoever I truly believe had Nintendo gone CD Rom. PlayStation would be another Panosonic 3D0. Sticking with expensive carts wit limited space was a death sentence and SEGA really screwed up with going into a panic and adding a second chipset making it a nightmare to program for. (kinda funny tho everything we use today uses more than one core CPU)

Pokemon, Proffessor Oak (AKA Gramps). That fucker is the head of almost every evil Team.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

AC1: Al-Mualim betrays the assassin order
AC2: Uberto Alberti betrays the Auditore family which is the catalyst that sets Ezio on his quest for revenge and uncovering much deeper secrets

Forgot about Ryder & Big Smoke's betrayal.

Hideo Kojima betrayed us. With Raiden.