By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What TV do you use for gaming?

mii-gamer said:
Some Sony Bravia model. Its pretty shite, I want to upgrade to something more crisper, but its such a waste packing away a 52 inch tv

Sell it?

Around the Network

I use a monitor from Samsung. Its SyncMaster P2570. Old but still awesome for me

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

POE said:
vivster said:
40" Smart TV from Samsung that is also my PC monitor and that I never watch TV with.

As soon as there are affordable 4k 30"+ OLED screens this thing flies out of the window.

Can you tell me the model?

UE40F6510

It's serviceable and doesn't have any noticeable bad effects that would interfere while gaming.

The biggest problem lies in its technology. Due to its edge lighting it will illuminate the whole screen when there are light objects on it and in return will turn very dark if there are only dark objects. Which makes for an unnecessarily dark picture in dark scenes in video games or movies because it decreases the brightness as a whole and lowers contrast. Nothing that can't be fixed by cranking up the gamma but it annoys me.

I will keep this only up until I can find a proper OLED monitor.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

My LG is a beast
http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-70LB7100-70-Inch-1080p/dp/B00II6VY0S

Yours has a lower motion clarity index. Some TVs have a stupid option that makes it look like people are moving faster than they are to get rid of motion blur. Never use that, it lags games.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

A cheap Viore LCD. 24 inches or something. Nothing special, but it works like a charm so far. I don't notice any input lag or motion blur on it. I've had it for 4-5 years now and it shows no sign of age yet.

Around the Network

TOSHIBA REGZA
i know it's shitty when WiiU gamepad run bayonetta 2 with smoother frame rate.

i'm too poor to change

POE said:

My Tv is a 42 inch LG ln5400 led and its awful.
It has a good input lag but the motion blur is just horrible. 
So, how about you??

I have the LN5700, which is the same screen as you have, but with "smart tv" features.  And I can see almost no motion blur.

Some PoS cheap ass 40" Soniq.
Basically Im too poor to buy a real TV and dont give enough fucks to save up for one.
Guess Im stuck with this one until it breaks.

A Sony KDL-46W950A.

It's awesome. :P

23-inch BenQ monitor I got on sale on Newegg over the summer. It's great.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D