By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - How many of you who mainly game on a Pc can run all games on Ultra @ 1080P/60fps?

HollyGamer said:
g911turbo said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Can you play all recent games released at 1080P/60fps with everything on ultra? If yes, how much money did you spend on your rig?

EDIT

Actually, the R9 270 is a 2.37 TFOPs (31%+ more than PS4) card that can be had for 100 - even further reducing the cost.  Mobo combo for 100.  100 for case, ram, and HDD.  You're at 300.  Even if you added an OS like windows 7 and kb/mouse, you can come in under budget of 400.

You cannot compare console TFOPs with PC GPU TFOPs LOl

seriously i even have Nvidia 880M GTX with far more TFOPs then PS4, but the actual performance is the same (even some game more and the other perform less). With less TFOPs console will able to preform 2- 3 times then what their actual theoretical specs.

Yet an r9 270 still slightly outperforms a PS4, anyway. So your point doesn't hold in this particular case. Usually you cant compare gflops when the other parts of the gpu hardware are quite different. The r9 270 and PS4 gpu are both based on the same chip though. And in all other areas the r9 270 is slightly better. The difference is that of running games at medium at 1600 *900 and running them at medium-high 1080p with some AA. If you overclock the r9 270, which literally only takes a button click, then you see even greater performance gains for the same price you paid.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:

Yet an r9 270 still slightly outperforms a PS4, anyway. So your point doesn't hold in this particular case. Usually you cant compare gflops when the other parts of the gpu hardware are quite different. The r9 270 and PS4 gpu are both based on the same chip though. And in all other areas the r9 270 is slightly better. The difference is that of running games at medium at 1600 *900 and running them at medium-high 1080p with some AA. If you overclock the r9 270, which literally only takes a button click, then you see even greater performance gains for the same price you paid.

It's different from one game to another tho, i have the problem with ACU, watch Dog with My Nvidia 880M GTX, i understand it can be slightly benefit on greater specs, but it seems most games run almost the same graphic because most developer (multyplatform games) build on the same engine that can be use for multyple configuration and specs.

g911turbo said:
g911turbo said:

Using recent deals:

R9 270 GPU $105

http://slickdeals.net/f/7541536-msi-r9-270-gaming-radeon-r9-270-2gb-video-card-105-at-tiger-direct?v=1

AMD FX-4300 + gaming mobo $99

http://slickdeals.net/f/7549858-amd-fx-4300-processor-msi-970-gaming-motherboard-bundle-99-ar-free-shipping-no-code-needed-at-frys-com?v=1

Mid-Tower CASE + 650W PSU + 8 GB RAM + 2 Fans for $59.99

http://slickdeals.net/f/7472240-cougar-mid-tower-case-ultra-lsp-650w-psu-8-gb-kingston-hyperx-fury-2-x-120mm-led-case-fan-for-59-99-or-less-ar-free-shipping-tigerdirect-com?v=1

2TB (1x2) of HDD for $65 (I coudn't even find a non-ssd 500GB deal)

http://slickdeals.net/f/7545600-2x-1tb-1-tb-desktop-sata-iii-3-5-hdd-hard-drive-western-digital-wd-blue-seagate-barracuda-7200rpm-65-ar-fs-32-50-each-w-googlewallet?v=1

Wireless keyboard and mouse $45

http://slickdeals.net/f/7520182-logitech-mk710-wireless-desktop-mouse-and-keyboard-combo-new-amazon-44-99-fs-prime?v=1

Total 375, from scratch.  

The prices don't match the actual links. That keyboard and mouse is $74.

Lawlight said:
g911turbo said:
g911turbo said:

Using recent deals:

R9 270 GPU $105

http://slickdeals.net/f/7541536-msi-r9-270-gaming-radeon-r9-270-2gb-video-card-105-at-tiger-direct?v=1

AMD FX-4300 + gaming mobo $99

http://slickdeals.net/f/7549858-amd-fx-4300-processor-msi-970-gaming-motherboard-bundle-99-ar-free-shipping-no-code-needed-at-frys-com?v=1

Mid-Tower CASE + 650W PSU + 8 GB RAM + 2 Fans for $59.99

http://slickdeals.net/f/7472240-cougar-mid-tower-case-ultra-lsp-650w-psu-8-gb-kingston-hyperx-fury-2-x-120mm-led-case-fan-for-59-99-or-less-ar-free-shipping-tigerdirect-com?v=1

2TB (1x2) of HDD for $65 (I coudn't even find a non-ssd 500GB deal)

http://slickdeals.net/f/7545600-2x-1tb-1-tb-desktop-sata-iii-3-5-hdd-hard-drive-western-digital-wd-blue-seagate-barracuda-7200rpm-65-ar-fs-32-50-each-w-googlewallet?v=1

Wireless keyboard and mouse $45

http://slickdeals.net/f/7520182-logitech-mk710-wireless-desktop-mouse-and-keyboard-combo-new-amazon-44-99-fs-prime?v=1

Total 375, from scratch.  

The prices don't match the actual links. That keyboard and mouse is $74.

Some of the deals might now be "expired".  But you can find new ones all the time.  At one point in the last 30 days those were all available deals.  

Besides, you can buy keyboards and mice for 20 bucks of 200 bucks, depends on your preference kind of like custom camo controllers vs generic and everything inbetween.

My post is just a reference.

thetonestarr said:

Ultra at 1080p/60fps is WAY outperforming console games, so I'm not sure how this thread could even remotely serve the purpose of proving anything.

However, for motherboard + processor + RAM + videocard, I spent about $800. And I can do ultra at 60fps at 4k res.

You are so ridiculously full of it.  Maybe if you are playing rayman legends but You are not running crysis 3 in 4k with an $800 computer maxxed out. My graphics card alone at release was $700 (GTX 780ti). For those prices everything would have to be outdated. Last generation MOBO's and what not which unfortunately means no room for expansion. You can only upgrade your cpu you much depending on socket size and if you are running AMD it's already an uphill battle as their CPU's dont compare to intels in any way shape or form.

The problem with pc gaming is a severe lack of optimization. We are basically throwing massive amounts of power at games with differences that are truly insignificant. It's nice to play at higher resolutions with higher fram rates. However hardware has far exceeded the games we are getting. The graphics we should be seeing should be out of this world insane and we just arent getting it. I have been splending a lot of time in Arena Commander for Star Citizen and even it isn't as graphically appealing as i wish it was. The new generation of consoles should help in this regard by allowing developers to target higher end specs and I imagine these first few years will be rough but the stuff we should be seeinf 3 years out should be incredible.

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:
hsrob said:
I don't even care but with this thread you are clearly trying to start shit.

If you want to give at least the vaguest illusion of wanting to have a civil discussion you really you put some effort into your OP, it's much more effective bait.

I am not trying to start a fight. I want to know if a pc gamer can run games on ultra at 1080P/60fps and how much his rig costs. So an answer should look something like this:

Yes.$1200.

My Rig is about $2400, however now that intel has released their new x99 line of cpu's I will be building a new one in the newxt few months with that as a basis and DDR4 ram

g911turbo said:

Some of the deals might now be "expired".  But you can find new ones all the time.  At one point in the last 30 days those were all available deals.  

Besides, you can buy keyboards and mice for 20 bucks of 200 bucks, depends on your preference kind of like custom camo controllers vs generic and everything inbetween.

My post is just a reference.

Allow me to be skeptic. Post fresh links.

Dat nick + avatar pic combination. Eveyone sees where this is going friend...

vivster said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Conina said:
Another of your rabble-rousing PC-threads where you will prove that console gaming is much cheaper?

So I guess you can't play all games on ultra at 1080P/60fps. I'm just asking since my cousin who has a gaming PC worth over $500 built last year can not play assasins creed unity properly and Far cry 4 needs to be played at medium.

That is correct. Though it's a special story with ACU. That can't even be played properly with 980 SLI.

Since my GPU is a bit older I currently have to resort to play games on high or even medium to get proper 60fps (though my CPU is becoming a bottleneck as well).

I'm currently planning my new rig for next year and I will probably spend around 1500-1800€ (incl tax) on it. I expect it to play most of the games on ultra and 1080p. Though I have absolutely no illusion that there will be a number of games in the next 2 years that will not run at a minimum of 60fps with all settings cranked up.

Unity runs perfect on a gtx 780 ti

sc94597 said:
Kerotan said:
Captain_Tom said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Can you play all recent games released at 1080P/60fps with everything on high? If yes, how much money did you spend on your rig?

That's really a silly question.  Most games have a few "Overkill" settings there for those who have Uber rigs or for those who play the game a few years from now.  They really aren't neccessary to get 95% of the graphics quality most of the time.

I will just say this:  To play modern games in 1080p at 60 FPS with High-Ultra settings an $800 or $1000 rig would be fine. 

That price tag is the reason consoles still sell so well. A lot of people need to save up just to buy a 300-400 console.

But for half the price of his PC you can play games at high/ultra 30 fps 1080p. All you need is a $230 r9 280x and you can Max almost any game 1080p  and a solid 30fps. Since the general rule is to spend half the cost of your rig on your GPU that would be about a $550 PC if planned well. In comparison consoles play at medium settings and less than 1080p30fps most of the time. For console level hardware you only need to spend $450.

you can run the most games with 60 fps and a lot better graphic than console with a 280x. if you play with a consolish graphic no game should be a problem to run with 60 fps and 1080p.