By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny GOTY (12 Awards; Nominated to BAFTA Best Game)

KylieDog said:

That is a really shitty list.  Ground Zeroes on it but not games like Dragon Age or Far Cry?

Ground Zeroes is the second best game I played tis year... amazing.

Around the Network

Another GOTY award to Destiny.

Digital Trends

"Destiny isn’t the best game of 2014. But it delivered some of my most impactful gaming moments, of this year or any other. Memories of good times that I’ll carry around for years to come. Not because of the game, but not in spite of it either. It’s all about the shared moments — and that’s where Destiny really wins."

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/digital-trends-gaming-game-of-the-year-2014/

I changed the thread to Destiny GOTY... it is cool to see some sites giving the game what it deserves.

I'm curious etho.....you love the game, we get it, but why are you trying so hard to shove it in everyone's face? Do you need the unanimous approval of everybody here to enjoy your favourite game properly?

Give it a rest

Angelus said:
I'm curious etho.....you love the game, we get it, but why are you trying so hard to shove it in everyone's face? Do you need the unanimous approval of everybody here to enjoy your favourite game properly?

Give it a rest

I love to read the hater comments... so year I need that... it is fun.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Angelus said:

Give it a rest

I love to read the hater comments... so year I need that... it is fun.

Ah. Well then this will make you happy

Destiny is the most mediocre game of the year

And your thread title is inaccurate, because Dragon Age, Shadow of Mordor, Mario Kart, Far Cry, Super Smash Bros, Alien Isolation, Bayo 2, and Dark Souls 2 all have considerable more GotY awards than Destiny

Angelus said:

And your thread title is inaccurate, because Dragon Age, Shadow of Mordor, Mario Kart, Far Cry, Super Smash Bros, Alien Isolation, Bayo 2, and Dark Souls 2 all have considerable more GotY awards than Destiny

How is it innacurate? 5 sites choose it as GOTY and EG give it #2 place just below Mario Kart 8.

ethomaz said:

Angelus said:

How is it innacurate? 5 sites choose it as GOTY and EG give it #2 place just below Mario Kart 8.

Because Destiny is not GotY. It has a small minority of wins in a mass of other games that are getting far more recognition.

It's an also ran, and not even a particularly noteworthy one

I'm glad for Destiny, but my personal GOTY is either Dark Souls 2 or The Evil Within.  TEW was not nominated, though :(

Angelus said:

Because Destiny is not GotY. It has a small minority of wins in a mass of other games that are getting far more recognition.

It's an also ran, and not even a particularly noteworthy one

Even big sites says it is GOTY content... Giant Bomb put it at #10... Eurogamer at #2.

So the title is accurate... and I give evidences.