By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Discussion Thread:Mobile gaming in general has improved tremendously.

oldschoolfool said:
touch screen controllers,that's all I have to say.

They have gotten WAY better, and now you can use a DS4 with every game sooo...

Around the Network

Terra Battle and a few other games have converted me. I'm starting to see iOS /And as superior to handheld gaming now. I do miss the more action oriented games but I can see that changing soon.

ktay95 said:
StarOcean said:

"Oceanhorn" looks like a poor mans Wind Waker XD games like that are the reason I'll personally never respect the iOS/Android "gamer". A absurdly huge number of games are inferior rip offs of existing games. And then ports with inferior controls. But that Wind Waker rip off is just disgusting. 

You say this like the console industry doesnt do the same damn thing

And a poor mans Wind Waker, sure but even Nintendo themselves were OK with making a poor mans Wind Waker with touch only controls and it nearly sold 5m so... yeah =P

OT: They definitely are getting better, the biggest problem is still finding the great games through all the garbage... oh and as an Aussie I just have to complain about so many games not releasing here. Seriously Mistwalker, where the fuck is my Terra Battle?? I was so hyped to play that and we never got it hear -_-

You could always try using a VPN app which let's you change your IP address and then removing all data from the play store.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

The mobile market reminds me of the Wii - some really good games with perhaps off-putting controls buried under a mountain of shovelware.

I don't understand why one would use a console controller to play a mobile game. Seems to me the point of mobile gaming is that you're already carrying a phone, so no extra clutter. If you're gonna carry around a DS4 (In your purse? Your mom's purse? Guys...?), you may as well be carrying around an actual handheld. And if you're at home...why are you not just playing a console? Not enough TVs in the house? The entire situation seems very corner-case to me.

ktay95 said:
StarOcean said:

"Oceanhorn" looks like a poor mans Wind Waker XD games like that are the reason I'll personally never respect the iOS/Android "gamer". A absurdly huge number of games are inferior rip offs of existing games. And then ports with inferior controls. But that Wind Waker rip off is just disgusting. 

You say this like the console industry doesnt do the same damn thing

And a poor mans Wind Waker, sure but even Nintendo themselves were OK with making a poor mans Wind Waker with touch only controls and it nearly sold 5m so... yeah =P

OT: They definitely are getting better, the biggest problem is still finding the great games through all the garbage... oh and as an Aussie I just have to complain about so many games not releasing here. Seriously Mistwalker, where the fuck is my Terra Battle?? I was so hyped to play that and we never got it hear -_-

I never said it didn't. But it would be very bold of you to even suggest that the iOS/Android situation isn't a billion times worse. Hell, they don't just copy console games, they copy themselves! That's how bad they are XD

And are.... those sales numbers supposed to mean anything to me? I mean, you're suggesting sales =/= quality?.... right. 

Around the Network

Some screen shot I took with my Iphone 6 plus.

Dragon Quest 8

Phoenix Wright DD HD

Infinity Blade 3

Asphalt 8

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite HD

Deux Ex

The Banner Saga

Great cutscenes aswell

[/url]

Currently playing

IOS - Knights of the Old Republic, Monster Hunter Freedom HD and Idolmaster Festa.

Steam-NovisNoah, Uplay-Limpanot, Origins-NovisNoah, PSN-NovisNoah, NNID-NovisNoah

I dont think so, look at games like resi remake, doom 3, silent hill 3 and mgs 3. They look better than majority of mobile games even today

I dont think so, look at games like resi remake, doom 3, silent hill 3 and mgs 3. They look better than majority of mobile games even today

Mobile phone games= nothing but "swipe/tilt" fests.

Sure, there's the odd good game, but overall, just like a few years ago........ 98% of the other mobile phone games are pure shite.

Tried playing some classic GBA/SNES games likes Super Double Dragon & Super Castlevania IV..... the "controls" are painful.