By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Zelda games rated from Worst to Best

S.Peelman said:
Samus must really hate me. I find Ocarina of Time the best Zelda game, Mario 64 is the best Mario game and A Link to the Past is better than A Link Between Worlds. Also, screw GameRankings if Link's Awakening is only 12th and below the mediocrity that is Minish Cap.

OoT > LA > TP > MM > ALttP > SS > ALBW > LoZ > TWW > ST > OoA > OoS > AoL > PH > TMC > FS

I'd say OoT through ALttP are the top games, the classics. Then SS through TWW are the second tier, excellent games but with flaws. ST through AoL are worthy Zelda games, but obviously a step down. PH through FS fail as Zelda games.

Maybe you just like playing games with awful camera system (SM64) or tedious levels where you need to collect 100 coins (15% of the levels are like this!) and awful graphics (SM64). Oh, and bland level design. Doesn't even look like a Mario game to me. 

Of course the last bit isn't really fair of me, but N64 games have aged poorly in the looks department. 

And the bosses in SM64 are a total joke! Even for the hardware it released on. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ4W0Ezij5E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qewRBMebyhU

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
S.Peelman said:
Samus must really hate me. I find Ocarina of Time the best Zelda game, Mario 64 is the best Mario game and A Link to the Past is better than A Link Between Worlds. Also, screw GameRankings if Link's Awakening is only 12th and below the mediocrity that is Minish Cap.

OoT > LA > TP > MM > ALttP > SS > ALBW > LoZ > TWW > ST > OoA > OoS > AoL > PH > TMC > FS

I'd say OoT through ALttP are the top games, the classics. Then SS through TWW are the second tier, excellent games but with flaws. ST through AoL are worthy Zelda games, but obviously a step down. PH through FS fail as Zelda games.

Maybe you just like playing games with awful camera system (SM64) or tedious levels where you need to collect 100 coins (15% of the levels are like this!) and awful graphics (SM64). Oh, and bland level design. Doesn't even look like a Mario game to me. 

Of course the last bit isn't really fair of me, but N64 games have aged poorly in the looks department. 

Lol. No need to to plaster youtube videos here, I know full well what the game looks like or how it plays.

Luckily at the end of the day I don't care two shits what a game looks like, but I rate them by how much fun a game gives me.

S.Peelman said:
Samus Aran said:
S.Peelman said:

Lol. No need to to plaster youtube videos here, I know full well what the game looks like or how it plays.

Luckily at the end of the day I don't care two shits what a game looks like, but I rate them by how much fun a game gives me.

The videos were there to show off the poor bosses, i.e. the gameplay, not the graphics. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPCiuvRzBlg

This IS factually better. :p 

Samus Aran said:
S.Peelman said:

The videos were there to show off the poor bosses, i.e. the gameplay, not the graphics. 

Same answer.

I think Minish Cap deserves higher and SS deserved lower. MM deserved to be behind OOT where WW should be behind Tp

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
sundin13 said:
I still think OoT is higher than it should be, but overall, its just a matter of which amazing game is more amazing.

I hope there's no one that seriously believes OoT is STILL the best Zelda game ever. Because that would be a big insult to all future Zelda games.

Same with people that claim Super Mario 64 is the best 3D Mario platformer. You're telling me Nintendo's first 3D game also happens to be their best one? Lol. (not directed at you). 

OOT is the best and no im not a notsalgia blinded bastered i was 19 when the OOT came out.

Mario 64 is my 2nd favorite mario behind Mario 3D World.

Samus Aran said:

I hope there's no one that seriously believes OoT is STILL the best Zelda game ever. Because that would be a big insult to all future Zelda games.

Same with people that claim Super Mario 64 is the best 3D Mario platformer. You're telling me Nintendo's first 3D game also happens to be their best one? Lol. (not directed at you). 

Whenever people talk about any N64 game being the best, you know what kind of glasses they're wearing.

NintendoPie said:
Samus Aran said:

Whenever people talk about any N64 game being the best, you know what kind of glasses they're wearing.

Oakelys infact.

toot1231 said:

Oakelys infact.

As long as they're rose-tinted Oakleys, then okay.

toot1231 said:
Samus Aran said:
sundin13 said:
I still think OoT is higher than it should be, but overall, its just a matter of which amazing game is more amazing.

OOT is the best and no im not a notsalgia blinded bastered i was 19 when the OOT came out.

Mario 64 is my 2nd favorite mario behind Mario 3D World.

You don't have to be a kid when you play a game in order to be nostalgia blinded later.