By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Convince me to buy a Nintendo system

Wii U = Dreamcast

Around the Network

For god's sake dude,their flagship mascot is a damn plumber.Do you know of any other company that can take something as stupid as a plumber and make it into a million seller game?
Just buy a Wii U!

do you like Nintendo games? buy a wii u. If somebody needs to convince you then you don't want a wii u.

Wii U

theprof00 said:
Wii U = Dreamcast

I think it's worse than the Dreamcast. At least the dreamcast was a console that people bought because they wanted it.

With the Wii U, you need to convince them...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

FOR THE LOCAL MULTIPLAYER!!!!
If you have lots of friends, families that comes to your house then please, BUY A WII U ( you can get both the old games and the new ones; wii and wii u games )
I always bring my Wii U to school at the least week of term, and my classmate + teachers just love it. We just get so competitive on games like Nintendo Land, MK8, Wii party U and SSBU ( which makes other students get JELLY!!!! =D only if their year had a nice guy like me =D )

And it's not that expensive.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Some personal testimony that should interest you: Since getting a WiiU, the time my wife and I spend together playing games has gone way up in the last year. Together, we've beat New Super Mario Bros U, New Super Luigi U, and Super Mario 3D world. A little Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, MK8 and Smash too. These have been really good multiplayer experiences for us, way better than what we had on 360. Not to say 360 has bad co-op games, but Nintendo games do a better job of helping lower-skilled players compensate for that deficit while keeping the experience fun and challenging for everyone.

Wii U also gives you the most flexibility for playing most any Nintendo game you like.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Pokemon ruby omega. Probably your childhood (?), also smash bros is back. Go buy a 3DS, but don't get close to a Wii U because it could give you cancer.

Uabit said:
Pokemon ruby omega. Probably your childhood (?), also smash bros is back. Go buy a 3DS, but don't get close to a Wii U because it could give you cancer.

That post gave me cancer

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Slarvax said:
Wii U. BC with Wii, NES, SNES and GBA VC, with N64 coming (hopefully GC too). And first HD Nintendo console. And the online (contrary to popular belief) is great.

This was about to be my reasoning as well. The massive Virtual Console library including home consoles up until N64 (through the Wii mode store) and handhelds up until the DS makes it a logical purchase. The only reason one would opt for a Wii at the moment is if the price and Gamecube support has top priority.

Additionally Nintendo 3DS, while having plenty of exclusives, has inferior Virtual Console offerings and inferior versions of Mario Kart, 2D/3D Mario, Super Smash Bros. and most likely the Legend of Zelda.