By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [METACRITIC] BEST OF 2014: SMASH BROS. U --- statistics for all console/PC

binary solo said:
List fail? So they count super smash as exclusive on 2 platforms, but they don't allow velocity 2x into the list for either of its platforms?

I suppose first light qualifies for consideration as it got a retail release. But it is a bit depressing that without it there would be no 5th game for PS4's top 5.

Huh?? DriveClub would be next

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
cool lists! I hope that we won't see as many re-mastered versions next year, at least not of just 1 year old games. That's just... I don't like it. Give it a FEW years before releasing remastered versions of a game

TLoU has already sold ~3m on PS4 and GTAV will end the year with around 5m on PS4 alone. Even though you don't like there are clearly a LOT of people who do. I wouldn't mind it myself, especially for games I never played last gen (like Beyond)

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Do they only mention retail releases because Oddworld should've made the PS4 list if not (84 on meta)

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
DanneSandin said:
cool lists! I hope that we won't see as many re-mastered versions next year, at least not of just 1 year old games. That's just... I don't like it. Give it a FEW years before releasing remastered versions of a game

TLoU has already sold ~3m on PS4 and GTAV will end the year with around 5m on PS4 alone. Even though you don't like there are clearly a LOT of people who do. I wouldn't mind it myself, especially for games I never played last gen (like Beyond)

What I don't like with it, is that it's more and more becoming a new standard. Releasing older games with new polish is all fine and dandy; OoT fits 3DS very well, MCC is great for X1 (even though they really fucked that shit up, it's kinda sad). The only reason for Sony and Rockstar to release TLOU and GTA5 is all about the money - that's my biggest complaint. I can certainly see the reasoning behind it, and I'm not saying that OoT and MCC was released just to please the fans, but it just feels like such a scam.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
Ninsect said:
DanneSandin said:

What I don't like with it, is that it's more and more becoming a new standard. Releasing older games with new polish is all fine and dandy; OoT fits 3DS very well, MCC is great for X1 (even though they really fucked that shit up, it's kinda sad). The only reason for Sony and Rockstar to release TLOU and GTA5 is all about the money - that's my biggest complaint. I can certainly see the reasoning behind it, and I'm not saying that OoT and MCC was released just to please the fans, but it just feels like such a scam.

In that case you can say the only reason for anyone to release games is for money...

Both Sony and Rockstar gauged their fanbases and noticed a huge demand for their respective games on next gen. Many, probably most, of them never even got to play the original games so I don't see anything wrong with providing far superior versions on current generation of some of the best games last gen.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

I didn't get TLOU on PS3, but love it on PS4. Also held off GTAV in the hope of a next gen native release and have that too.

It was more I held off purchases in 2013 for 7th gen systems partially due to saving for 8th gen hardware and partially because I didn't really see the point in extending my 7th gen selection too much when Vita and Wii U were satisfying my gaming hunger in 2013.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Ninsect said:

In that case you can say the only reason for anyone to release games is for money...

Both Sony and Rockstar gauged their fanbases and noticed a huge demand for their respective games on next gen. Many, probably most, of them never even got to play the original games so I don't see anything wrong with providing far superior versions on current generation of some of the best games last gen.

Bolded is just such bull shit. GTA5 sold over 30m copies on PS360. People that wanted to play that game could easily have gotten it for the old consoles, when it came out. The same goes for TLOU. Releasing a remastered ONE year after it's original release is just greedy. It's not like TLOU:R added tons of new things, or changed things up all that much. It's the same thing as Capcom did with Street Fighter 4: they just kept on re-realising it. Greedy as fuck is what that is.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Maybe not for GTA5, but there are a LOT of PS4 owners who didn't have a PS3.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

DanneSandin said:
Ninsect said:

Bolded is just such bull shit. GTA5 sold over 30m copies on PS360. People that wanted to play that game could easily have gotten it for the old consoles, when it came out. The same goes for TLOU. Releasing a remastered ONE year after it's original release is just greedy. It's not like TLOU:R added tons of new things, or changed things up all that much. It's the same thing as Capcom did with Street Fighter 4: they just kept on re-realising it. Greedy as fuck is what that is.

Why is it bullshit? Many clearly didn't. Heck, there is even a poster above you that played neither but got the next gen remasters. What do you think of publishers when they release versions of their games on PC one year later with some additional content and better graphics? Is that greed or is that a good thing because more people can play it then? What do you think of GOTY editions releasing on the same platform the original game released on, with more content for the same price?

This is NOTHING like Street Fighter 4 lmao. That got multiple re-releases on the same platforms.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Shouldn't MLB 14 be on the PS list? It scored above inFamous:SS/FL and LBP3.