By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I lost my 700+ HOURS Pokemon X SAVE FILE!!!!

Should I start all over again?

Yes, Pokemon is awesome. 50 26.88%

No, just play something else. 61 32.80%

DONT CARE ABOUT YOU! 75 40.32%

Total:186

I'm so sorry for you. I've never lost save files, but I've lost plenty of games themselves. I know the feeling. I know the pain. Listen, if you ever want to come over for dinner or anything to make yourself feel better, please do.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Around the Network

That must suck ass. That's like losing an MMO character. My condolences.

Well, that must suck, but personally I would've spent all that time on other, better, not copypasty games instead. You played one, you played them all, no point in wasting time on it again once you finished it.

I'm now filled with determination.

thatguymarco said:

Well, that must suck, but personally I would've spent all that time on other, better, not copypasty games instead. You played one, you played them all, no point in wasting time on it again once you finished it.

Well, Pokemon is not just about beating the game. Its about catching, raising, and batteling :P! Just like the anime says.

IMSM

mZuzek said:
thatguymarco said:

You're doing a lot to help here, I'll thank you myself for him.

I apologize, I just needed to let a little of my bias against Pokemon out. It's wierdly relaxing.

Around the Network

Things like this make me appreciate ps+ save option even more.

I lost countless save files of pokemon games due to its, in my opinion, stupid save file system. I remember showing my gameboy colour to a friend and then five 5 minutes later, hundreds of hours of work were gone like that. It happened so many times for a number of reasons (I think there was a problem with the cartridge) that at some point I stopped caring and moved to another game. I don't think any game is worth that many hours of your life. It's like an addiction and sometimes losing a game or a save file can be liberating (again, my personal experience).

ibrahimman0 said:
thatguymarco said:

Well, Pokemon is not just about beating the game. Its about catching, raising, and batteling :P! Just like the anime says.

Gotta catch 'em all!...

Again!...
Again!...etc

naruball said:

I lost countless save files of pokemon games due to its, in my opinion, stupid save file system. I remember showing my gameboy colour to a friend and then five 5 minutes later, hundreds of hours of work were gone like that. It happened so many times for a number of reasons (I think there was a problem with the cartridge) that at some point I stopped caring and moved to another game. I don't think any game is worth that many hours of your life. It's like an addiction and sometimes losing a game or a save file can be liberating (again, my personal experience).

Actually there is a backup that u can do on ur 3ds, but its not available for Pokemon only, and i get why they did that. People would have just kept on copying their save files and dupilacting hundereds of pokemon. Yeah 700 hours is a lot I know, but its better to spend on pokemon rather than COD or Fifa and start all over again every single year.

IMSM

That is just sad u_u I remember to lost my 80hours of PSO on GC, play something else until you feel the need to start again.

ibrahimman0 said:
naruball said:

Actually there is a backup that u can do on ur 3ds, but its not available for Pokemon only, and i get why they did that. People would have just kept on copying their save files and dupilacting hundereds of pokemon. Yeah 700 hours is a lot I know, but its better to spend on pokemon rather than COD or Fifa and start all over again every single year.

Didn't know that. I should perhaps try it with my other 3ds games. Gamefreak/Ninty seriously need to so something about it, though. I may not care about it, but I know for  some people it's a huge part of their lives though still a first world problem). As for Fifa and COD, can't really say, never played them properly. I was referring to other games like Child of Light, Rayman, bayonetta, etc which are brilliant. I've been playing Destiny of Spirits on psvita for like 9 months now (about 1500 hours), while I could have had so many other amazing experiences. But I'm obviously addicted to it so I won't stop. All I'm saying is that losing a save file can be a blessing in disguise.