By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One vs PS4 Year One Review (Eurogamer)

Ruler said:

- you wanna proof ? pope up mgs4 or any 1080p game with your ps3. You can set your playstation video setting to either 1080p or 720p and therefor your game starts at either 1080p or 720p. If youre right then 1080p upscaled should look much better than 720p upscaled. But it doesnt both look just the same. Mgs4 runs at 1000x700 or somthing natively which is below both 720p or 1080p .

This comparison is meaningless, since you are comparing one game on one console and its settings. How about this- go play Dragon Age Inquisition on a 46 in. TV on a PS4 and Xbox One. By your logic, the PS4 should look considerably better and sharper due to the pixel advantage. Hint- it doesn't. They look very similar, almost identical in fact.

The ps3 is capable running every game in 1080p upscalled but almost every newer game nowdays is only in 720p upscaled including metal gear solid rising. Why is it you think, if its true what youre saying?

Huh? I don't even understand what you are saying here...

- depends in what energy source youre using if its renewble enery and none shale gas which is used then there is no impact. Also nuclear waste is just a little and makes so much more energy, it all depends what is more effecient. And i am pretty sure eletricity from your wall is more effecient and updated than batteries which are oudated technology. Game controllers are no remotes that you press view times, they werent designed to being charged with batteries in the first place, but the power from your wall. Also soon you can recicly nuclear waste anyways.

Game controllers weren't designed to be charged with batteries? I think you just invalidated your entire argument. The PS4 controller also uses batteries, they are just built in and rechargeable. All wireless game controllers run on battery. And if you really care so much about the environment, why are you gaming in the first place? Do you know how many non-degradeable components exist inside a console and controller, not to mention each physical game you buy? A few batteries should be the least of your concern when buying a console.

- @the rest, i allready said its my opinion. In my opinion if ps4 wouldnt even have any media features i would still buy it over the xbox for simple being more powerful and having higher resolutions. A console is for gaming the more game features the better. Sony is winning this battle with things like share play, free online for freetoplay games or being able to play the game while installing. Along having the stronger console.

Sony is selling so much because of marketing and the Xbox One screwing up big time at release. If you haven't noticed, the One just outsold the PS4 over the past few weeks (at least in North America). Both consoles are doing exceedingly well compared ot their predeccesors, there is no 'war' at all. Both consoles have tons of advantages and disadvantages, and plenty of features on each end, so consumers can't go wrong with either. So please, stop trying to downplay the One at every corner.

Comments in bold.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC