By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Exec: “I Think There Will Be a PS5;” Doesn’t Know if it’ll be Physical or Based in the Cloud

Physical is still the way to go!

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Hmm, I really don't want it to be cloud based cause I don't like going alllll digital when it comes to the console front considering the amount of issues we are seeing as of right now but it will be interesting to see what they do anyway

Right, I don't want a storm to come, exactly when I love playing games and my internet gets knocked out and I'm screwed. Just give us a Physical System.

OfficerRaichu15 said:
microsoft is the only one out of the big 3 that will most likely stop making consoles
sony likes physical consoles
and nintendo is still trying to get with the times :P

Why would XBox be the only one? I'm pretty sure they learned their lesson off of people's reactions to limitations such as a cloud based system.  I think they will keep it physical for the next system.

DJEVOLVE said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
microsoft is the only one out of the big 3 that will most likely stop making consoles
sony likes physical consoles
and nintendo is still trying to get with the times :P

Why would XBox be the only one? I'm pretty sure they learned their lesson off of people reactions to limitations such as a cloud based system.  I think they will keep it physical as well for the next system.

cause numorus interviews pretty much are hyping up cloud like the 2nd coming of gaming or something idk :P

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Why would XBox be the only one? I'm pretty sure they learned their lesson off of people reactions to limitations such as a cloud based system.  I think they will keep it physical as well for the next system.

cause numorus interviews pretty much are hyping up cloud like the 2nd coming of gaming or something idk :P

I don't think phil will let it go down this road. If they would have just not announced DRM, Cloud and the limitations of used games this gen, They would be selling much better or would have. It took them a full year to recover and start moving units. I'm sure this was a lesson well learned. Of course they will push the cloud but at the same time remember the lessons of the past and consumers re-actions.

Around the Network

Isn't PerSona 5 coming out next year?

I think you will lose millions of gamers if you make it digital only

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

This is great news for Nintendo.

They will be market leader in hardware sales if both go cloud based lol.

Its not Playstation without the hardware :/

jigokutamago said:

Isn't PerSona 5 coming out next year?

Hahahaha xD

5 years ago I had the Internet connection i have today. In 5 more, i don't think it will get much better than 2 times what I have today, and computer power will grow how much? 10 times more? It will be physical, no doubt. Building several server farms rather than sell individual consoles will be very expensive and harder to monetize, because the huge bill will be up front with much more work to make the money back.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4