By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your top 3 RPG franchises?

Suikoden
Wild Arms
Lunar

Yes, I'm screwed.

Around the Network

Pokemon, Paper Mario, and Dark Souls.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

MohammadBadir said:
Mario and Luigi RPG series.
Xeno series + Xenoblade series.
That imaginary one I'm planning to make in the future XD

The only extensive experience I have with the Xeno series is playing the Xenosaga trilogy, which I have very mixed feelings for.

Final Fantasy (I-XII)
Mass Effect
The Witcher/Dragon Age

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Ljink96 said:

1.) Dragon Quest-

2.) Pokemon

3.) Tales Series

Honorable Mentions: Final Fantasy, Lufia, Chrono, Golden Sun, Wild Arms, Dark Cloud.

Only DQ game I've beaten is VI, but I'll definitely try to beat the others. Really want to play VII as it's been in my backlog for awhile now. 

Around the Network
InnocentSin said:
MohammadBadir said:
Mario and Luigi RPG series.
Xeno series + Xenoblade series.
That imaginary one I'm planning to make in the future XD

The only extensive experience I have with the Xeno series is playing the Xenosaga trilogy, which I have very mixed feelings for.

Try Xenoblade, it's the best one by far IMO.

There's a lot I couldn't list due to the limit of 3, like Baten Kaitos (I loved those games!)

MohammadBadir said:
There's a lot I couldn't list due to the limit of 3, like Baten Kaitos (I loved those games!)

Yes, I've listened to the soundtrack of the first one and it's fantastic. I'll definitely try to get the game one day.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

KH

FF

Tales of

I used to be a big KH fan but I guess my love for the games cooled off a lot after KH2.

InnocentSin said:
Ljink96 said:

1.) Dragon Quest-

2.) Pokemon

3.) Tales Series

Honorable Mentions: Final Fantasy, Lufia, Chrono, Golden Sun, Wild Arms, Dark Cloud.

Only DQ game I've beaten is VI, but I'll definitely try to beat the others. Really want to play VII as it's been in my backlog for awhile now. 

I recommend playing Dragon Quest 8 first. 6 will bore you to death and I'm a Dragon Quest fan. Yeah I beat it but Dragon Quests 3,5,7,8, and 9 are the best out of the 10.