By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - President Obama chastises Sony over cancelling of 'The Interview'

DonFerrari said:
RenCutypoison said:

So, Obama has balls for telling Sony they don't when Sony would get all the blame if it went wrong, but US troops are still fighting for petrol instead of attacking to big bad North Korea over the same moral standards ?

That's too american for me

Makes no sense, I know... and some people agree with Obozo, and I'm not sure all of them are Muricans.

As golbalization pretty much means export of the american culture, I guess it's not surprising.

Around the Network
badgenome said:

Hard to take him seriously on this when he sang a rather different tune about an obscure YouTube video that pissed off some Muslims. In that instance his focus was less on how abhorrent it was to kill people simply because you're offended by a movie and more on how offensive said movie was. At least no one died here, except for Amy Pascal's career.

THIS x100.  We even put that guy behind bars because he dared to question Islam with a parody video.  There's also the fact that Obama has done very little when countries, like Russia, flex their military muscle and invade or fire missiles at another country.  He always shoots his mouth off when it isn't his neck on the line. 

BTW, did we ever release that video maker?  Or is he still in jail?  You know, since he's so much more dangerous to us than terrorists.

In the message, the hackers told Sony, "Now we want you never let the movie released, distributed or leaked in any form of, for instance, DVD or piracy." It reportedly went on to demand that, "everything related to the movie, including its trailers, as well as its full version down from any website hosting them immediately."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/19/hackers-sony-very-wise-to-pull-film.html

its like this in my opinion:
Sony's choice to do this movie was going to be bad taste: so the creative process getting through by the Sony movie heads, and them agreeing to go ahead with the movie was going to cause problems.

so it was green lit.

So now, hackers exloit Sony network defense on Mainframe, by useing stolen key on a admin level, data gets breached..on epic scale.

Now, Not only the costs, and damage further to sony as a company is increased, but now to top it off the people call out Sony for " lax in security" thus the law suits. Now will only increase further because of not only the breach, but now the outcry of not only the leader of the united states saying " you cannot cave to the demand" and many on this board also stated as such along with many people in Hollywood also saying you should not give in.

but as i just pointed out that, more Data is going to be released from this hack, so will the US than still take Sony to court over more data leaks, or help to further protect Sony against a further Data breach? How about if another breach happen with all changed network hardware and software, but yet they still get hacked? Will More workers @ Sony than take the company to court again for once again " not protecting their data"

its pretty clear, Sony is damned if they do, Damned if they Don't.
if i was Sony , i would sell off, the d@mn United States Movie arm and than refuse to do any movie that would ever put the company into such risk again, where a freaking Govt. Directs resources to hack my companies Main Frame, where the d@mn section of my companymmade the bone headed choice to put the rest of my company into such a situation in the 1st d@mn place.

while getting to use public means to slam my company, but than take the rest of my company to court, and where law suit, after law suit after d@mn law suit can further erode the perception of the company, where the rate agency's can further down grade my companies stock value in order so others can buy it cheap from me , just to aquire the asset.

yup thats the price your company is or must be willing to pay here in the good o'l USA!

Sony sell off the entertainment arm, while its still worth something after this.. right?
a very dirty game was played to get access to that part of Sony's company or is trying to see if it will work. The only real loose in this is Sony and the people that work there, but using such means in order to lower such value of asset in order to aquire such asset on the cheap, is playing quite dirty.

follow the Money, or lack of it..you won't sell?
we will see about that....if the freedom of speech is that important, using SONY AND ITS COMPANY IS EASY WHEN THEY ARE NOT THE ONES GETTING THE SHAFT! In court!

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Wasn't there news that Spidey is making a cameo on Capt. America: Civil War?

Everything will be forgiven by then xD

tiffac said:
Wasn't there news that Spidey is making a cameo on Capt. America: Civil War?

Everything will be forgiven by then xD

of course ; Sony will, that is after Sony gets taken to the cleaners, of course..LMAO

and than in a few more years again. Should make quite a number of people Happy to see Sony keep going through this. you know for the laughs. and entertainment value.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

There is no such thing as bad publicity

joeorc said:

of course ; Sony will, that is after Sony gets taken to the cleaners, of course..LMAO

and than in a few more years again. Should make quite a number of people Happy to see Sony keep going through this. you know for the laughs. and entertainment value.

May be there won't be any lawsuit this time around since the FBI did say that this attack could break 90% of any security that is currently out there. If there is, it may be hard to hold up when the US government is taking this hack as a threat to national security done by a foreign nation and not script kiddies.

So we'll see, we'll see.

Damn! Sony!

I guess will see the conclusion of this soon.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

novasonic said:
DonFerrari said:
novasonic said:

That movie exists for the sole purpose of pissing North Korea off, and that's exactly what it did. Sony Pictures and the writers of the movie deserve everything they've gotten. If North Korea had the financials and know how to make and release world wide a movie about the assassination of Obama, North Korea would be a hole in the ground by now, and South Korea would be a small island nation off the coast of China. Frankly, I think North Korea deserves a medal for defusing the situation without war and saving the world from another god awful Seth Rogen movie.

Just my two cents..

Are you serious man???

Please this is too much... Every country in the world complain about USA, bad mouth them, say bad things about Obozo, etc... USA haven't invaded none of the democratic countries in the recent times, so why would they nuke japan out if they made satires and assassination plot movies agaisnt Obozo??? And if NK were able to make a movie about it and release we would just ignore as would Obozo.

Calling a world leader a bozo and releasing a full length feature movie orchestrating the fictional slaughter of a world leader are two very different things. North Korea as been so quiet lately too. The tention in the Korean Peninsula was calming. Now everything is a shit storm again thanks to Seth Rogen, James Franco, and their rag tag gang of incredibly poor film producing buddies.

As far as I know there were several fictional movies about how to kill a president that was in excercise.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

RenCutypoison said:
DonFerrari said:
RenCutypoison said:

So, Obama has balls for telling Sony they don't when Sony would get all the blame if it went wrong, but US troops are still fighting for petrol instead of attacking to big bad North Korea over the same moral standards ?

That's too american for me

Makes no sense, I know... and some people agree with Obozo, and I'm not sure all of them are Muricans.

As golbalization pretty much means export of the american culture, I guess it's not surprising.

After all it's globally in USA=world.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."