Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VI vs VII

Which do you prefer of the two?

Final Fantasy VI (III in North America) 220 50.00%

Final Fantasy VII 173 39.32%

Undecided/Don't care 47 10.68%

Total:440
StarOcean said:
twesterm said:

Even in 1997 FFVII was a generic game in terns if character and story. The only thing it had going for it was graphics which was fine in 1997 but has aged terribly.

FFVI on the other hand broke grounds in characters and storytelling while still holding up today as a beautiful looking game.

Nostalgia is a fantastic thing but it does a cloud judgment.  Have someone that has never played FFVI or VII play both today and I promise you they will hate VII.  VI, on the other hand, will be a much more intesting story.

I was one of those people who had never played it up until about a year or 2 ago and I vastly prefer VII. Came in blind going into both and, yeah... dunno, VI bored me. I never felt enticed to even beat the game, it was just... meh. VI was decent for its time I guess XD I'd always take VII over VI though.

The big deal with FF& at the time was the move from sprites and cartridges to cd's and its graphics & cgi animations... To say FF6 bores you, well...

Around the Network

I've never actually played FF6. What is considered to be the best platform to play it on? I see there is a version for the SNES (I assume the original) but also PS1 and a few others.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

kristianity77 said:
I've never actually played FF6. What is considered to be the best platform to play it on? I see there is a version for the SNES (I assume the original) but also PS1 and a few others.

Go with the GBA version.  The SNES version's good too.  The PSX version has a few issues.  Audio's supposedly not as prounounced and the fade out for the battles was a stupid idea on the dev's part.  But there's less censorship on the PSX version vs SNES version.  The GBA has the best translation of the 3 though (Celes' cliff scene isn't as butchered).  Personally I was going to replay it on PSX to get full screen since it's a pain to hook up an snes.  On the flip side, if you emulate the game, you can find a fan translation version, no idea how accurate the translation is though.

Thread was stilled kicking :O
Merry Christmas all! Thanks for the wonderful discussions!