By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How to prevent from being hacked?

theprof00 said:
Here's how you do it:
Require thumb print scans on each terminal. Deny all remote PC authority.
Use a secondary random number generator that creates a code every 15 minutes. Users have a device that checks the code to allow changes.
All uploads over the net are required to be visually processed by a human. Secondary human oversees the first, neither have any contact with the other.
Remove all usb links to computers.
Files are broken into 10 separate parts and stored on different servers. If you need a file, you have to download each part individually and use a compiler to put the information back together.
Employees are patted down upon entering and leaving the building.

WHY HASN'T SONY DONE THIS!?!

Isn't that like asking why women don't walk around carrying automatic weapons, take advanced self-defense classes, and hit the weight room constantly, to avoid being raped everytime they dress up?

Around the Network

Would just like to tell you that Sony hasn't lost 100 million on the hack. It was an estimate from an analyst. The range is estimated to be anywhere from 70-120.

mornelithe said:
theprof00 said:
Here's how you do it:
Require thumb print scans on each terminal. Deny all remote PC authority.
Use a secondary random number generator that creates a code every 15 minutes. Users have a device that checks the code to allow changes.
All uploads over the net are required to be visually processed by a human. Secondary human oversees the first, neither have any contact with the other.
Remove all usb links to computers.
Files are broken into 10 separate parts and stored on different servers. If you need a file, you have to download each part individually and use a compiler to put the information back together.
Employees are patted down upon entering and leaving the building.

WHY HASN'T SONY DONE THIS!?!

Isn't that like asking why women don't walk around carrying automatic weapons, take advanced self-defense classes, and hit the weight room constantly, to avoid being raped everytime they dress up?

WHY HAVEN'T WOMEN DONE THIS!?!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

No idea, clearly they're enablers.

mornelithe said:
vivster said:

I guess they deserve being hacked then. Just like Sony for their poor security measures.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
mornelithe said:
vivster said:

I guess they deserve being hacked then. Just like Sony for their poor security measures.

I guess so, learn something new everyday!

lol, I hope everyone knows I was joking. Those are measures that would cripple a company's ability to function.
Point was that you can't prevent it.

Well, there isn't really a 100% foolproof plan cause nothing is foolproof but I gotta say, when people manage to steal 100 terabytes of data and goes unnoticed, there is something truly wrong here...

I guess the best way to be sure is spend a shit ton of money on cyber security/IT department but the issue is that for most companies, the Return on Investment isn't really enough to justify the cost. Yes, Sony is going to lose a shit ton of money but things like this doesn't happen frequent enough nor is it wide spread enough for many companies to spend a bucket load more money to enhance their network security a shit ton more than they already have. So, I guess at the end of the day, not too sure what they should do cause its all a question of, how much security is enough to make it worth it?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850