By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition Tops 100,000 Downloads In Japan

Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition Tops 100,000 Downloads In Japan

Posted by Jonathan A on December 17th, 2014 | 0 Comments | Tags: MineCraft

While promoting the game on Twitter, Sony’s Japanese PlayStation Store team has revealed that the PS Vita version of Mohjang’s imagination incubator has surpassed over 100,000 downloads since its October 29th launch:

While hat might not seem like a lot (especially when compared to other versions of the game) it’s important to note that this is just one region of the world. Even more importantly, it’s one region of the world where physical distribution is still the undisputed king for traditional games. Minecraft on PlayStation is currently PSN-only in Japan.

To try to provide some perspective, the physical and download sales of Terraria on PS3 and Vita hit over 400,000 copies as of last month in Japan. The PS3 version of Terraria launched over there in May 2013, with the Vita version having launched this past February.

http://www.psnstores.com/2014/12/minecraft-playstation-vita-edition-tops-100000-downloads-in-japan/

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

But why?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
But why?

Japanese gamers like this stuff?

Mystro-Sama said:
vivster said:
But why?

Japanese  ALL gamers like this stuff?

Fixed. It's a worldwide hit on all platforms.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

vivster said:
But why?

Minecraft is amazing and the Japanese love mobile.

Around the Network

So many good games....

and minecraft...

Looks like you've been beat

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=195261

Yup, Kresnik had you by four hours

#modshelpingmods

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

inb4 "Best selling PlayStation game is owned by Microsoft LOL!" Always inevitable in Minecraft threads these days...

But anyways, good for Minecraft I guess. I played it while it was in Beta back in 2011. I played for a couple of months before getting bored. I tried the demo on Vita as well recently, but still struggled to find interest in the game.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens