By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X1 gets a $80 pricecut in China

Darwinianevolution said:
Microsoft wants to secure their position in China at all costs. The could sell XBones there for 150$ if they needed to, but they'll hold that massive market by any means necessary.

...the PS4 is cheaper than that though.

Around the Network

IMVHO this means not just little satisfaction with sales, but also that MS thinks too, like me, that Sony could cut PS4 price simultaneously with China launch.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Darwinianevolution said:
Microsoft wants to secure their position in China at all costs. The could sell XBones there for 150$ if they needed to, but they'll hold that massive market by any means necessary.

No. They have to split revenues on sales with SMG plus produce the units themselves.  They don't need to produce a black hole to throw money into.  That is not an intelligent business model.

DerNebel said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Are you telling me that price matters? ooooh youuu... :-p

Praise the One.

DerNebel said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Really? How much is each of the consoles there?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
SweetTalia said:
DerNebel said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Are you telling me that price matters? ooooh youuu... :-p

What?

Darwinianevolution said:
DerNebel said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Really? How much is each of the consoles there?

PS4: 2899 RMB

X1 without Kinect: 3199 RMB

X1 with Kinect: 3799 RMB

2,899 RMB = US$469.

Isn't that a lot for Chinese?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I'm sure this was the pLan from the start. I'm amazed at how many gaming journalist don't have common business sense. MSFT probably went for high margins early and are now lowering the price as competition enters the market.

true_fan said:
I'm sure this was the pLan from the start. I'm amazed at how many gaming journalist don't have common business sense. MSFT probably went for high margins early and are now lowering the price as competition enters the market.

Riiight.