By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bet: PS4 won't sell under 180k any week in 2015

Kerotan said:
Pavolink said:

So, already lost.

Not until adjustments

Adjustments can be for either way. Right now there are only vgchartz numbers and he already lost by those.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Kerotan said:

Not until adjustments

Adjustments can be for either way. Right now there are only vgchartz numbers and he already lost by those.

He clearly said in his bet that it will only win or lose post adjustments.  And if you follow this site closely you would know these numbers will be changed. So are you saying he should lose before chartz has even finalised their numbers? Rather strange if you ask me. One thing I know is the ps4 x1 gap is bigger. What I don't know is if the x1 is lower,  the ps4 is higher or both.

Ka-pi96 said:
Nate4Drake said:
LordLichtenstein said:

ioi and his numbers isn't looking so good.

It's incredible that many here still can't get that VGC figures are just an estimate and far from reality.

By the way, I think that PS4 won't sell under 130k  any week in 2015, and X1 won't sell under 60k any week in 2015. WiiU not less than 35k.

It's incredible that many here claim they are wrong simply because they don't like the figures...

Yes it is just because they don't like the figures and not because everything indicates that the Ps4 wasn't behind the Xbone that week with a gap of 12 000. 

well this bet didnt last very long

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Ka-pi96 said:
COX said:
Ka-pi96 said:

It's incredible that many here claim they are wrong simply because they don't like the figures...

Yes it is just because they don't like the figures and not because everything indicates that the Ps4 wasn't behind the Xbone that week with a gap of 12 000. 

Looks to me like it is about 53k ahead of the Xbox One...

In USA you know when the price of the xbone raised and when the Ps4 took the lead in almost every online retailer. 

Around the Network
LordLichtenstein said:
Conegamer said:
Things have been getting a little "heated" in this thread. If you don't have any evidence to back up your argument, then please don't just claim "undertracked" or insult the site. If you do have evidence, then you're more than welcome to present it.

My evidence is Sony, what is ioi's?

numbers here have always been estimates based on formulae. Even if he is 120% certain he has undertracked based on sony numbers you don't just throw an extra 100k onto the numbersr, he needs to know where those extras came from so the formulae can be tweaked, I imagine it is a constant process. The numbers at the moment are pretty good as they are within 1-2% margin of error.

Ka-pi96 said:
COX said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Looks to me like it is about 53k ahead of the Xbox One...

In USA you know when the price of the xbone raised and when the Ps4 took the lead in almost every online retailer. 

Nope don't know, because I couldn't care less about online retailer rankings in America.

Besides, even if that is the case it doesn't prove that PS4 is undertracked. Even if it should be above the Xbox One maybe it is Xbox that is too high rather than PS4 too low.

Yes that's true. 

nanarchy said:
well it didn't take long for that bet to sink (assuming no adjustments up).
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said

nice one bro. Yeah so you failed the bet OP? One month sig control?

binary solo said:
I doubt PS4 fir W/E 10 Jan will be adjusted up any time soon. The only movement I'm expecting is a significant down adjustment for Xb one, 50% or more downward adjustment. The drop off in sales must have been huge for MS to react so quickly.

POE said:

Nogamez said:
Failed already
fedfed said:
over!
Faxanadu said:
Sound like someone is a sore looser of a bet :)

Very entertaining stuff, thanks for making this thread and taking it like a real sportsman.
SweetTalia said:
Welp. better luck next time i guess
kopstudent89 said:
This is hilarious

Imaginedvl said:

wow.. way to lose a bet dude :)
You made a bet abount numbers on this site after all, so undertracked or overtracked, the numbers went below 180k this week on this very website. That's it, it is a lose, no need to attack the site or the individual because the numbers does not please you anymore.

Bit early in the year for serving crow but most of these and some more need to take a trip down to their local diner and get some. 

As you all see adjustments came in and it appears you were all wrong to assume the numbers were right. The next week numbers are in so they will also need a vgchartz adjustment plus a favourable NPD to keep this bet going. China launch wasn't to be which has skewed this very bold bet. But as things stand, it's not over yet. 

CGI-Quality said:
BraLoD said:
CGI-Quality said:

Your bet is OK for Jan 10 (where many people in here taunted you, but there was an adjustment):

But so far, for this coming week, you've lost

where do you get this kinds of HW charts?

Check, "Hardware By Date", under Tools on the main page.

@ Kerotan: Some of those cross the line, in my view, but at best, they work as reminders to not jump on a bandwagon.

yep we need a few like that to remind the rest of us to stay in line and not jump the gun. 

Haven't the most recent numbers already mean you are wrong? The argument can be made about undertracking or over tracking, but this is the first/second week of the near year's numbers we are seeing. It's extremely unlikely that this will be the lowest of the entire year.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.