By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Sony's arrogance cost them november npd?

Did sony do enough to win november NPD?

Nah 291 38.96%

Yes 130 17.40%

They can't lower their p... 242 32.40%

xbox one is the future of the USA. 82 10.98%

Total:745
SweetTalia said:

True but this thread is about npd usa. not worldwide

So? He can still say that it's better for sony to focus on worldwide rather than put all of there effort into winning the USA market because it's not as important as global sales, that's a relevent and ontopic point.

Around the Network

MS was going to win eventually when they almost gave the console for free. 329$+Two Games+ 50$ gift card.

MS is desperate to win something even they paid millions of loss to do it. So the console was almost selling for 200$......

Lafiel said:
they don't price drop, because Sony needs every dollar they can get

This notion that Sony can't afford a pot to go in makes no sense to me. Sony is still  a billion dollar company that have eaten losses for cell phones, an industry they're not the most popular in. Why wouldn't they sacrifice a few dollars to secure  an industry they're top dog in? PS4 won't be 400 bucks forever. 

They won worldwide and sold 800k in a month with very little in the way of offers, you only drop the price if you NEED to, and they dont, yet.

Barkley said:
cutzman25 said:
I am an early x1 adopter and I am pissed that they are giving their console away in less than a years time. Even with that its not like they blew Sony away, estimates are indicating a 300k-400k monthly lead in the US. F*** Microsoft, I will never buy another console from them at launch ever again

They certainly are devaluing there own product at a rapid rate, unlike the ps4. Must be a kick in the teeth for some early adopters such as yourself.

It truly is... :( 

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Around the Network
Barkley said:
cutzman25 said:
I am an early x1 adopter and I am pissed that they are giving their console away in less than a years time. Even with that its not like they blew Sony away, estimates are indicating a 300k-400k monthly lead in the US. F*** Microsoft, I will never buy another console from them at launch ever again

They certainly are devaluing there own product at a rapid rate, unlike the ps4. Must be a kick in the teeth for some early adopters such as yourself.

500 before and a year later.

330 2 games 50 gift card, price of X1 170$

Wow what a way to shit on the early adopters.  

SweetTalia said:

Now hear me out.

Sony knew this holiday MS was going to be very aggressive  in the USA. MS gave great bundle to consumers @ at sweet price of 349 and even 329 during black friday.

Yes, Sony did have the black friday bundles..but it seems they went into november thinking the PS4 HYPE will get them the victory regardless of the prices this holiday season.. Sony refuse to drop the price to be competitive.

I have said this many many times.. price matters..

We can go as far as to say ps4 got such an early lead in the USA because of the 399 price.. [ of course there are many who still think that price has nothing to do with it]

Anyways.. Poll is up.. vote..

Did sony do enough to win November [ one of the biggest npd of the year]?

I think Sony has sold enough PS4's in one year to the point where they could care less about who "won" November. Unless it becomes a trend that goes on for months and months, then they've got nothing to worry about.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Hiku said:
SweetTalia said:

the  poll is up and is very clear.

The poll seems to assume that they either expected to win, or couldn't drop the price. There's no option for "they did enough to sell well".
They didn't need to drop the price. Especially when they dominate worldwide. Microsoft did.
I don't feel like any of the poll options reflect my thoughts, so I haven't been able to select anything.

Many past months, MS, nintendo has sold well enough.. but yet no one seemed to cared except that sony outsold everyone..

Why change stance now for this month only? o_O

Praise the One.

SweetTalia said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Because winning is the only thing that matters?

of course it's not.. but losing momemtum to your competitor matters....thus sometimes affecting your sales profit.

Sales profit. Take a minute and consider this. And thi sis just using the most popular pricing scheme.

• XB1 current BOM at least $370
  • two third part games in ACU+AC4 bundle means sony gives ubisoft at least $50 for every console sold.
  • that brings the cost of that XB1 to $420. Then sell that console for $350  and even $330 for a week. So you are lososing $70-$100 on every console sold.
  • And some stores added a gift card to this whole deal.
Thats a heavy price to pay for momentum, especially when their is no guarantee that you even have it. In case you don't know, the real guage of momentum is what happens starting from january.

They only lost 1 month it's ok

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m