By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Predict the next Xbox One pricedrop

MoHasanie said:
gigantor21 said:
MoHasanie said:
Permanent price drop to $349 in January 2015.
$299 in November 2015.

Agree on the first one, but think the second will happen no later than September.

Sony dropping the price as well is a much bigger possibility next year, and MS can't afford to give them the price advantage again.

Oh yeah, that's a good point. It really depends on when Sony drops the price. Considering the PS4 is getting big exclusives next year, the console should continue to sell well without a price drop. I think Sony wil drop the PS4's price to $349 in October or November 2015. 

I expect that as well. Although I'd love to see them pull a PS2 and go down by $100 just to be safe, LOL.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Around the Network

I think they could raise the price back to $400 after the promotion is over so long as they keep the bundles. Depends on December.

I think they drop it whenever Sony does.

gigantor21 said:

I expect that as well. Although I'd love to see them pull a PS2 and go down by $100 just to be safe, LOL.

That would destroy X1. A $299 PS4 will be unstoppable. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Holiday 2015. $299.99 in the US.

dangerguy said:
Can we maybe change it up to predict at what point will Xbox One's price drop equal the percentage drop of PS3 in its first year?

PS3 was a complete disaster and dropped about 33% within it's first year - from $599 to 399. Xbox One has dropped only 12% for the Kinectless sku and 10% for the Kinect version.

Double standards man on the PS3. There was a $499 SKU at launch, and that got pricecut to $399. The $599 models got pricecut to $499.

Edit: So I guess if you were going for percentage then XB1 need 5-8% more. Which is made up by the extra games anyway.

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
March.

November 2014 399$ ------> 349$
Jenuary 2015 349$ --------->399$
March 2015 399$----------->349$

This.

My 8th gen collection

There is almost zero chance it goes back up in price! They will announce how overwhelmed they have been by the positive response during holidays and/or how excited they are to continue to offer the best value to costumers for the next generation of gaming or something to that effect.

The official 'price drop' will come just before January 1st, 2015, keeping it at the $350 price and they will keep bundling it with some large game; likely a mix of older bundles like COD, Halo, and Assassins Creed and new ones with something like Evolve, Mortal Kombat, or Witcher 3.

Then at e3 they will announce a new $299 model.