By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bandai Namco: Sword Art Online sales "above expectations"; Xillia second best selling Tales ever (bigger than Symphonia)?

hated_individual said:

Yea, second highest not bestselling, second bestselling which mean its behind symphonia. If it was 1st then it would be without word second, just bestselling would be used if it was best selling in the franchise...

Tales of Xillia was the second-highest Tales game in sales, bigger than Symphonia 10 years ago,”

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
Anfebious said:

Tales of Xillia may surpass Symphonia in sales. But it will never surpass it's quality in my heart.

It already did. Tales of Destiny is the top selling Tales games. VGC has Symphonia overtracked.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

deskpro2k3 said:
hated_individual said:

Yea, second highest not bestselling, second bestselling which mean its behind symphonia. If it was 1st then it would be without word second, just bestselling would be used if it was best selling in the franchise...

Tales of Xillia was the second-highest Tales game in sales, bigger than Symphonia 10 years ago,”

okay... Then whats the first if its apparntly bigger......

hated_individual said:
deskpro2k3 said:
hated_individual said:

Tales of Destiny easily

And btw to your Playstation Comments
Just a little History lesson
After Vesperia 360 nearly killed the Tales of Studios Sony saved them with the PS3 - ToV PS3 made so much money through the costume DLC that they could keep on going easily and plan many new projects ahead.
Tales of Graces Wii was still a part of getting a game financed...It bombed in Japan and they didn't even bother with a west release.
Tales of Graces F was already planned when ToV PS3 made them so much money.Graces F made them again a lot of money thanks to DLC Costumes.
Xillia was the first Tales of Exclusive for the PS3 and made them even more money cause of good sales numbers + again Costume DLC
This is why Bamco said recently they don't care  for other consoles cause their fanbase and the money is on Playstation.If you want the Tales of Studios to keep going you better support their games on Playstation.Next up is Zestiria and hopefully this will get ported to the PS4 cause lol@PS3

Take the Nintendo glasses of.
Tales still exists cause of Playstation

hated_individual said:
deskpro2k3 said:
hated_individual said:

according to kotaku. http://tay.kotaku.com/tales-of-numbers-a-love-letter-1506373374

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

according to kotaku. http://tay.kotaku.com/tales-of-numbers-a-love-letter-1506373374

Tales of Vesperia 360 only sold 200k? Are you telling me VGC has it massively overtracked?

Wright said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Tales of Vesperia 360 only sold 200k? Are you telling me VGC has it massively overtracked?

it seems it did better on ps3 too lol

outlawauron said:
Anfebious said:

Tales of Xillia may surpass Symphonia in sales. But it will never surpass it's quality in my heart.

It already did. Tales of Destiny is the top selling Tales games. VGC has Symphonia overtracked.

It's Tales of Destiny? Thanks for the info!

As for the best of those 3... Symphonia is still the best in my eyes! Tales of Destiny on the PS1 was bad, but the PS2 remake was pretty good.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Why is Destiny being mentioned? Edit: People were talking about Tales of Destiny, nevermind. Also, what's the sales projection for Sword Art Online?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

deskpro2k3 said:

it seems it did better on ps3 too lol

Well, yeah, that's widely-known. Thing is, those 360 numbers are abysmal.