By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it Worth it to buy the Wii Component Cables?

And to think I just gave someone a warning for going off topic in this thread...

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:
And to think I just gave someone a warning for going off topic in this thread...

Lmao , I'm guessing you clicked the wrong link. What thread was that for " Smg outsells Sms this week"?

Anyone tried components on smash on an HDTV?
I'll prolly pick up my cables along with the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

sc94597 said:
stof said:

Lmao , I'm guessing you clicked the wrong link. What thread was that for " Smg outsells wii this week"?

Bingo.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

L.C.E.C. said:
It's a definite Yes. (I even got the GameStop Brand) SMG looks 10x better in Component, along with Zelda, and just about all games. Colors are drastically improved, and lines are more clear. The jaggies are often reduced (SMG and Zelda)

Also I'll find a video of the comparison, but hold on for now.

Didn't gamecube have component cables? Wait, yeah, I've seen them. This was last generation's advancement... Just get the cheapest component cables you can find and enjoy.

Around the Network

I have a tuner box that I hook into my monitor, it has component imput.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
I have a tuner box that I hook into my monitor, it has component imput.

Alright  then you are set. How much did you pay for the box I plan on buying one.

Also, holding down 'b' when starting gamecube games will trigger progressive scan mode, if the game supports it.

windbane said:
L.C.E.C. said:
It's a definite Yes. (I even got the GameStop Brand) SMG looks 10x better in Component, along with Zelda, and just about all games. Colors are drastically improved, and lines are more clear. The jaggies are often reduced (SMG and Zelda)

Also I'll find a video of the comparison, but hold on for now.

Didn't gamecube have component cables? Wait, yeah, I've seen them. This was last generation's advancement... Just get the cheapest component cables you can find and enjoy.

The Gamecube supported progressive scan, so yes, it had component cables.

yes they are worth it. Image looks better specially on HD TV