By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sonys american Reign has ended.

mgs4 is packed in with the 80gig. where have you been?

Around the Network

AHHHHH of course I remember now.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

4D Gamer III said:

Wow, the Sony fanboys in this thread got bitter fast.

No matter how poorly MS's sales in Japan or Others may be, they're still making huge gains over their previous stake in the market last gen and will most likely have an even bigger presence the next. Even if they were to come in third this generation, they still will have won.

As for the Wii, even if the Wii never gets serious third party support, it has already made more money in its first year than either the 360 or Ps3 could in their entire lifetimes. Its a resounding success financially and is in no risk of being outdone regardless who it sells too. Being Nintendo's most succesful console ever just after their worst at the end of an 18 year downward spiral, this is a huge success for them. Every console sold after passing the Gamecube mark will be a gain for them no matter where the dice fall at the end of this generation.

Sony has taken a winning streak with two of the most succesful consoles ever and thrown it away with a cumbersome luxury item that appeals solely to Sony diehards, Techheads and people looking for a cheap Blu-Ray player. Even if the PS3 does beat the 360 this generation, the Ps3 will still be the loser and the 360 the winner since MS is the one gaining ground and the PS3 playing catchup. Unless the PS3 can outdo the 360 and Wii and make up for ten years of lost profits.

No matter what happens the PS3 will be the only loser this generation. No matter how well it does it will only be one who has lost ground while the two others have gobbled up its stake in the market and grown.

Edit: I can't beling the Sony fanboys are trying to get in on the "My console is supply constrained" bandwagon now."

Sorry guys, its the 40gb that people want, not the 80gb.

ioi himself said that the 80gb ps3 was accounting for over 60% of weekly sales back in January.  :|

Also, I'm nost jumping on the supply constrained bandwagon.  Imo, it sells how it sells.  The only reason I even brought it up is because 360 fanboys have been bitching about supply constraints for weeks now. 

Rock_on_2008 said:
Sony releasing the PS3 was extremely ambitious and was pure arrogance. An expensive console with its main purpose to introduce Blu-Ray to people's homes has resulted in Sony winning the format war over HD DVD at the cost of dissappointing sales on PS3 hardware and software. Sales numbers have only just started to pick up in the last 3 months.
Next generation will see all three companies Sony, Microsoft and Nintendd with Blu-Ray player as normal when the costs of manufacturing Blu-Ray will be very low compared to the high costs of manufacturing Blu-Ray today.

posters like him is why this place desperatly needs a ignroe button, the stupidity is just to much.

Any one with any brains can see sonys move was genious, PS3 killed hddvd while now Br has become one of one PS3s biggest advantages over the 360. PS3 is now piggy backing of BRs success.

It was a HUGE but  very well calcualted risk that payed of.

Mars said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Sony releasing the PS3 was extremely ambitious and was pure arrogance. An expensive console with its main purpose to introduce Blu-Ray to people's homes has resulted in Sony winning the format war over HD DVD at the cost of dissappointing sales on PS3 hardware and software. Sales numbers have only just started to pick up in the last 3 months.
Next generation will see all three companies Sony, Microsoft and Nintendd with Blu-Ray player as normal when the costs of manufacturing Blu-Ray will be very low compared to the high costs of manufacturing Blu-Ray today.

posters like him is why this place desperatly needs a ignroe button, the stupidity is just to much.

Any one with any brains can see sonys move was genious, PS3 killed hddvd while now Br has become one of one PS3s biggest advantages over the 360. PS3 is now piggy backing of BRs success.

It was a HUGE but very well calcualted risk that payed of.

And what happens if Microsoft releases a BR add in drive?

My websites

http://catprog.org

Online games that I play:

http://www.animecubed.com/billy/?Catprog

Around the Network

Has it? =))

Well, i don`t mind to wait till the middle of the april, when NPD data comes. Then we can speak, till now, this is just a probability, but definetely NOT fact. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Smidlee said:
Here where I live Wii are starting to be easier to find. So it seems supplies starting to catch up with the demands.

If i got $1200 for everytime someone made this or a similiar comment on this forum, i'd be a multi-millionaire.

;) 

Bodhesatva said:

I think people are overlooking the real story here.

Despite the fact that the PS3 is in "last place" this week, it isn't by much, and it's still 200% up over this time last year in America. That means it's selling 3x as well. Even the most liberal of predictions for the PS3 this year had sales doubling or so, so tripling is absolutely phenomenal. 

The "who's winning?" argument misses the point here. Yes, the PS3 seems to have lost the console war this particular week, but this still represents a dramatic, even profound increase in PS3 sales.  

The PS3 has gone from 32,064  to 89,585 which is great

The Wii has gone from 80,468 to  218,189.  Now that is absolutely phenomenal

catprog said:

And what happens if Microsoft releases a BR add in drive?

They wont, but if so probablly the < 3% attach ratio the HDDVD had.

@TKC: In EU people are used to have decent warranties. The law says that it's atleast 2 years. So, in USA, M$:s 3 years warranty is a "big" deal, since it's guaranteed, that you have a new one if old one breaks in 3 years, while competition doesn't offer similar warranty. Now, no matter what console you are going to buy, in EU, you are guaranteed to have new one in 2 years in case if it breaks.

That's propably true, that if PS3 and Wii were priced at the same range, they propably would be competing head-to-head in Europe. But the thing is, that all the MHz-freaks would be buying the more powerful 360 and Sony wouldn't have BD player in PS3 to work as "added value", but it would definately be better for SCE.
So, the "what if" scenario is just plain stupidity. Sorry to say.

@kingofwale: Directive says that the product har to be retuned in "decent period of time" (or something like that), and it propably varies between countries. In Finland the time is 2 weeks.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.