By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The OFFICIAL I'm giving away eShop credits thread

A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE! (?)

Nintendo gamer:

Are you tired of getting slapped in the face by bad news, piss poor sales, people rubbing it in that there's no thrid party support and calling making fun of you for liking cartoon graphics?

Have you had it with every bit of good news about your favorite game company downplayed and ridiculed and the endless line of terrible news blown out of proposion and thrown in your face followed by the smug jabs of people who bought a more popular gaming machine?

I hear you brother! But in the valley of darkness, a small flickering ray of hope: I present you with the opportunity to perhaps score yourself a free code to the Nintendo eShop worth no less than $5 - five dollars!

That's right!

$5 COULD BE YOURS!!!

So what's the story? I have secured three $5 eShop codes through the wonderful digital download promotion program offered by Nintendo. My inital plan was to spend these free monies on myself, but in a bout of christmas spirit or pure idiocity I have decided to offer them up to my fellow Nintendo fans.

How will this work? Just let me know why you should get $5 to spend in the eShop in this thread, and if I pick you I'll send you a delicious $5 eShop code in a PM and you can spend it however you'd like.

What are the rules? There are no rules, but I'll probably give the codes to someone who can make a great case for what they will buy, or present a creative, funny, thought provoking, heartwarming/breaking or otherwise excellent entry into these sweepstakes. Post your best Miiverse drawing, favourite Nintendo screenshop, write a poem or record a sonnet. Blow me off my feet, or don't. On Thursday 12/11 (that's December 11th, euros) I'll pick up tp three lucky wonners who will score themselves some free cash. Don't delay!

Around the Network

That's very generous of you.

Too generous. Buy somethin' will ya

This is really nice! And it's really funny that you post this now, because not too long ago I was looking at my eShop account and noticed I have about $7 as my balance. I've been meaning to pick up The Minish Cap, which is $7.99 but I figured it wasn't worth it to import upwards of $10 when all I needed was a dollar. So this would be a great surprise! Of course I'll be happy for anyone that wins though. :)

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
This is really nice! And it's really funny that you post this now, because not too long ago I was looking at my eShop account and noticed I have about $7 as my balance. I've been meaning to pick up The Minish Cap, which is $7.99 but I figured it wasn't worth it to import upwards of $10 when all I needed was a dollar. So this would be a great surprise! Of course I'll be happy for anyone that wins though. :)

get a Visa

add $1.xx credit

buy a sandwich

the_dengle said:
Skullwaker said:

get a Visa

add $1.xx credit

buy a sandwich

To be fair, I have a Visa and that's what's connected to my eShop account, but whenever I try to load money onto my eShop balance it only lets me invest increments of $10, $20, $50 or $100. Honestly, I don't understand the logic behind this, lol. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:

To be fair, I have a Visa and that's what's connected to my eShop account, but whenever I try to load money onto my eShop balance it only lets me invest increments of $10, $20, $50 or $100. Honestly, I don't understand the logic behind this, lol. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

If you try to buy a game without enough credit, it will let you add only the required amount to complete the transaction.

the_dengle said:

If you try to buy a game without enough credit, it will let you add only the required amount to complete the transaction.

You're a godsend. I had no idea this was a thing.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
If you would impertinence
make my dreams come true
5 dollars of your credit
is a gift so grand and bold
5 dollars of your credit
and ill love you 'til im old
so i wish to you impertinence
you spunky swanky fox
that you gift to me this wonderous gift
to make sure my christmas rox

Much Love

Peterisyum

Skullwaker said:

the_dengle said:

You're a godsend. I had no idea this was a thing.

Happy to be of service! XD

Really they should let you add any amount at any time using a Visa... but I guess this amounts to the same thing.

Skullwaker said:
the_dengle said:
Skullwaker said:

get a Visa

add $1.xx credit

buy a sandwich

That's strange. Why don't you delete your credit card info from your account and enter in the details again. I use my visa and have no problems adding money. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54