By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS4 Anniversary Console and my failure to get one

I have been just destroyed I couldn't get one, and I have seen hundreds of gamers alike all disappointed. I am a die hard PlayStation fan, I have the PS1, 3 PS2s 2 standard 1 slim, 2 PS3s 60 gb and slim, 2 PSPs 1000 and GO, PS Move, Xperia Z1s phone, White PS Vita and White PS4. This 20th anniversary console would've been my ultimate purchase and token of appreciation of fan loyalty from Sony. I was awake since 8AM Arizona time, watched the keynote for preorder details as promised (no details revealed), heard from a random PS blogger that it would be revealed via twitter, within 40 seconds of tweet I added the PS4 to my cart; I was already logged into Sony store all morning refreshing every second during keynote.

I got the PS4 in cart, checked out through paypal, after multiple errors finally got it to confirmation page. I clicked submit and it had an error, refresh click back did it all. I was logged out and cart left empty. Could not log in to try again, finally after some time I logged in and alas my cart was empty. I feel devastated as a loyal customer. To all those who got the 20th Anniversary PS4, congratulations. On behalf of all PS gamers cherish that console.

If anyone is willing to negotiate with me I am willing to spend $800 to buy it from you. This is all in good faith, you could always make extra cash and sell it for more. It is your choice, I just really really wished I got this PS4, I wanted to share it with my family and cousins. Peace to all.

Around the Network

I never even knew it was going on sale, not like I had the money saved for it because Christman shopping recently.
Oh well I still have a chance (incredibley small one but still) to win one.

ktay95 said:
I never even knew it was going on sale, not like I had the money saved for it because Christman shopping recently.
Oh well I still have a chance (incredibley small one but still) to win one.

Good luck to you my friend, be persistent and you will be awarded one of these magnificent consoles!

My PlayStation brother, I am sorry. I hope you find one.

I feel you. I was going to buy one if I had the chance, but I never made it to being able to order it because they didn't give any proper details in the keynote.

After the keynote finished I looked around the PS Blog, Googled and didn't find any information. I had an appointment so I left for 2 hours, then when I came back I realized the details were given out on Twitter and it was too late.

It's sad, and not what I expected. In Japan they had a lot of orders and held a lottery to see who are the lucky ones to get one of these very special consoles. Spain also said they have a lottery. Very sad how SCEA has handled this in the US.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

Well at least you tried. Some of us at the other side of the world was still in lala land at that time ^^

Yeah, another lie from Sony...telling people to watch the 2 hour keynotes for information only to give non at all.

dukerx2 said:
My PlayStation brother, I am sorry. I hope you find one.

I think I am too late at this point my friend; the prices are ridculous and there are more important things in life than to fall victim of corporate greed. Being loyal is a good thing, but the pie must be sliced even.

ICStats said:

I feel you. I was going to buy one if I had the chance, but I never made it to being able to order it because they didn't give any proper details in the keynote.

After the keynote finished I looked around the PS Blog, Googled and didn't find any information. I had an appointment so I left for 2 hours, then when I came back I realized the details were given out on Twitter and it was too late.

It's sad, and not what I expected. In Japan they had a lot of orders and held a lottery to see who are the lucky ones to get one of these very special consoles. Spain also said they have a lottery. Very sad how SCEA has handled this in the US.

Exactly this is my point as well. The keynote was complete fabricated to get viewers, oh and here's a link on twitter to the millions of users, best of luck in 10 seconds.

Viltgance said:
Yeah, another lie from Sony...telling people to watch the 2 hour keynotes for information only to give non at all.

This was the worst thing I have ever witnessed from Sony. I wasted my whole day waiting